CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss When is the least busiest time of year in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

what part of the year is the least busiest in our game , I know most people are always busy but i have only had the business for 6 months so I have not experienced a full season and the phone has been a little unusually quiet this week.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Based on my business since October 2016... January/February are my quietest months, that said, I've been much busier this time around than the start of 2017.

Rpa07

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had nothing for late morning and afternoon so I cycled to the bank to pay money in. Washed and polished the salt off of the van and put all of my spares and tools in their correct places. All ready for a fresh day tomorrow.
We’ve all got things to do that aren’t work, get on with them when your not busy is like getting paid (just a very low wage)
I’m not so quiet that I need to change my 3036! It’ll happen but when I just don’t know!

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
I have found that the quite time for myself is when the credit card bills land just after xmas... suddenly people sit down and realise that they need to cut back a bit to pay for things!
i find things typically pick up with outside lighting and similar when spring comes, already I am quoting for a lot of outdoor stuff. People getting ready for summer i guess. The cold weather meant I have 'lost' a week of work, phone didnt ring and it was too inclement to get about safely.
There are times where being 90% domestic I might have 2 weeks solid of work then go a couple of quite days but its time to get on top of admin, accounts, and also clean the van out as for some reason it always ends up cluttered!

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Since going self - employed in May/June 2014 I don't seem to have stopped, must be lucky- or too cheap !:) Although you do have to rearrange things at times due to badly organised plumbers/builders/customers.

Leesparkykent

Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Since going self - employed in May/June 2014 I don't seem to have stopped, must be lucky- or too cheap !:) Although you do have to rearrange things at times due to badly organised plumbers/builders/customers.
....know that feeling... started a 12k rewire yesterday and the builder informed me today that the plasterer is starting Monday :confused:

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Crazy isn't it Lee ! It always seems to be our trade that gets the stress and aggravation due to lack of planning by others !
Are you going to have all your team on it now going like mad or did you just tell the builder don't be so stupid ? :)

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
When I am quiet, I turn my mind to other things...

Busy (positive)
Busier (comparative)
Busiest (superlative)
...you cannot qualify a superlative, so it can't be "least busiest"
or "most busiest"
but least busy
or most busy...
so, when I am at my least busy I study English grammar, increase my pedant status, and pi$$ everyone off!

Reply to When is the least busiest time of year in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.