Discuss which competant scheme??? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

CUDABOY

hi, just done my 17th and reluctantly part poo / eal< im ol skool 236 two year not two feckin weeks {oooh dont get me started on that subject}lol > wondering any feedback from you peeps on your experiances on which schemes you have gone with and why, how long the registration took to come through, just a general banter!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I too did my 236 (proper exams not multi guess) i went with the nic,to be honest i think all the schemes are much of a muchness,as once said by a great welsh man you pays your money you takes your choice.:d

I too did my 236 (proper exams not multi guess) i went with the nic,to be honest i think all the schemes are much of a muchness,as once said by a great welsh man you pays your money you takes your choice.:d
well i thought the 17th a joke,3 mins to answer questions/find them in a book??? how the heck does that make you any beter a sparky? a monkey could be trained to referance that,and the part p??? 3/4 of the people shouldnt have even been on it!!! noooo previous exp,1 even had had buisiness cards made up prior and failed 17th. SEND EM ALLBACK TO SCHOOL, 2 YEARS MINIMUM!!! ITS A MOCKERY MATE!

when i did my 236 i had to do 3 nights a week and hold down a shift work job on a maintenance team it was heavy going at times,then back for 16th ,then this part p came out ,then back for 17th and 2391 ,it seems never ending,sparks have taken a real bashing .

hi man, when you had your assesment with nic and they wanted two jobs did they want to see paperwork from local authourity building control ie did you involve building control on those jobs? save me £500 if i dont have to!!!:) paid niciec, gotta get back to them with 2 jobs...... nathan.:confused:

hi man, when you had your assesment with nic and they wanted two jobs did they want to see paperwork from local authourity building control ie did you involve building control on those jobs? save me £500 if i dont have to!!!:) paid niciec, gotta get back to them with 2 jobs...... nathan.:confused:
when i was getting my work ready for assesment (2 years ago) i played it by the book,it cost me £300 + to pay for my building regs applications and when the NIC guy came out he never even mentioned building control he was only interested in the cert i had issued for both jobs but you have to give the NIC the addresses of your site visit well in advance so maybe they check from there end before they come out:eek: i dont know what to advise you to do,it might save you five hundred smackers(seems steep)but it could cost you if the nic do check.good luck with it.;)

I did my Elecsa this friday and they did n't even mention Building Control.

According to there website NIC give you 12 months to comply so I'm sure he'll tell you if its a problem then you'll probably just have to send them proof..rather do it that way than fork out £500 up front.

I Really would n't worry about it...It would be a harsh assessor who fails you on that...there just want your jobs to comply to regs and ensure that you are up to standards regards testing and inspection...........Good Luck

Reply to which competant scheme??? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock