Discuss Why are my led lights slightly flickering/strobing in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ATtomas

DIY
Reaction score
I have a issue with lights flickering in my home. Specifically led lights.
I’ve bought a lot of brands of led lights and even most of the expensive ones flicker and strobe. I have found online and bought a couple “flicker free” brands of leds $$$ and that has seemed to solve the problem. Doing research Tells me certain leds just have this issue. The weird thing is the lights only flicker once in a while. Particularly at night. When I’m in my basement during the day I don’t notice the leds strobing much ever but at night I do more often. Although I have seen it sometimes during the day hours.

•What causes this intermittent flicker at these particular times of the day?

*And my Biggest question and might sound dumb to professionals but it’s just my OCD and worrying getting the best of me. Would a “flicker free” light bulb get rid of the symptoms of loose wiring. (I would think not, but I’m not an electrician) so another words if I had loose wiring and arcing going on somewhere would a “flicker free” bulb still flicker and strobe? I can pretty much rule out a bad connection correct? I’m just Curious if these things are designed in a way that they wouldn’t even flicker with the Tiniest of a loose connection and I still could have a bad situation on my hands. I’d image a loose wire in the walls or the main panel would still cause flickering with any bulb. Hope that makes sense. Hope I just had bad brand of bulbs.

Thank you to anyone in advance for any knowledge and advice

Reply to Why are my led lights slightly flickering/strobing in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net