Discuss Why so difficult to navigate the City and Guilds qualification jungle in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Returning to the trade and just done my 18th Edition update last week.
Trying to make head or tail of new C+G qualifications and cross-ref to my old qual's is a nightmare though this forum has come up with the best info I could find online and this problem obviously affects loads of other people.
I did a sort of apprenticeship early Eighties where I was then on job creation/work experience and went to Tech College for the first year then continued unfunded to complete my 236 parts A,B and C followed by a Licentiateship and the issue by C+G of an official 'Electrician's Certificate'. At the end of all this I became a qualified spark and got on with things, never receiving any official end-of-apprenticeship paperwork.
Now, looking at the JIB website, I am not eligible to apply for the official gold card or even the one below that as I haven't got official end of apprenticeship letters. Does anyone think that once you've got one of these 'Electrician's certificates' that it should ever be disregarded and ignored as it's not one of a new raft of recognised proofs of competence?
To add to the confusion created by City and Guilds, they aren't willing to provide any information free of charge as to what old quals are in new money, you have to pay a fee. Why they can't simply put this info online for everyone to peruse I don't know.
'Wiring Matters' put out a handy converter table a few years ago but there's no mention of C course or other quals I have such as the 2322.
Any observations guys?

Yes, that's right and also to see how widespread the issuing of the official 'electrician's certificate' was and if anyone has had theirs approved as a means of getting a JIB card.

Reply to Why so difficult to navigate the City and Guilds qualification jungle in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net