Discuss Why would a DNO do this? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello, first non-intro post.

I'm in fixing a re-wire by a handy man and seen that the DNO has fitted a service connector block on the live tail. Sealed and stamped by the DNO?

Why would they do that?
Cheers

Why would a DNO do this? 20190829_142402 - EletriciansForums.net

On further inspection I don’t think DNO fitted that isolator either.

They are much better than that. Sleaving is not fully enclosed on a couple of the tails on either side from what I can see.

As for the seals anyone can buy them.

On further inspection I don’t think DNO fitted that isolator either.

They are much better than that. Sleaving is not fully enclosed on a couple of the tails on either side from what I can see.

As for the seals anyone can buy them.
sleeving. from the spell check gestapo.

I'm going to remove it, don't even need to break the seals as it's on the consumer side of the isolator, just thought I'd get some others thoughts on it.

I'll speak to the developer, got a potential job of 6 flats to get rewired and I want to make sure he's not cutting corners before I get too involved with them.

Reply to Why would a DNO do this? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock