Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Why would a DNO do this? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello, first non-intro post.

I'm in fixing a re-wire by a handy man and seen that the DNO has fitted a service connector block on the live tail. Sealed and stamped by the DNO?

Why would they do that?
Cheers

20190829_142402.jpg

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's not on the DNO side but the block has been wired shut and stamped with the DNO stamp..

Paignton pete

-
Arms
Esteemed
On further inspection I don’t think DNO fitted that isolator either.

They are much better than that. Sleaving is not fully enclosed on a couple of the tails on either side from what I can see.

As for the seals anyone can buy them.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
On further inspection I don’t think DNO fitted that isolator either.

They are much better than that. Sleaving is not fully enclosed on a couple of the tails on either side from what I can see.

As for the seals anyone can buy them.
sleeving. from the spell check gestapo.

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
I'm in fixing a re-wire by a handy man
pease explain in layman terms.
Post automatically merged:

cop that .ol.
Post automatically merged:

me I would ring up the tooth fiery to break the seals and get rid of the tail block .

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going to remove it, don't even need to break the seals as it's on the consumer side of the isolator, just thought I'd get some others thoughts on it.

I'll speak to the developer, got a potential job of 6 flats to get rewired and I want to make sure he's not cutting corners before I get too involved with them.

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
I'm going to remove it, don't even need to break the seals as it's on the consumer side of the isolator, just thought I'd get some others thoughts on it
what not even tempted,on the block and isolator its sealed with a xxxxxx.

Last edited:

Reply to Why would a DNO do this? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom