uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Wi-fi reversing camera in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bob Geldoff1234

Bob Geldoff1234

-
Esteemed
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

You have to patch into the reversing light feed with the yellow cable.

Aico 3000
Scolmore Electrical Products
littlespark

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You have to patch into the reversing light feed with the yellow cable.
yes. That’s what I’ll do.... but wonder why it works properly without the yellow connected at all (until the engine starts)

telectrix

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
roof light has a permanent +ve. so the camera would be powered when you are in bed.

littlespark

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Update.
I’ve connected both red and yellow now to the tail light. So I can have it up and running before reversing.
mice also tagged the black to the ground of the vehicle, rather than the earth in the wiring loom going to the lights.
Multimeter reads +12v on the line, just what I need.

same thing. Works with the light on, but not when the engine is running.

must be some interference.
there is a little antennae from the camera, but only about 6 inches. Is it possible to extend this and run it up the inside of rear door?

buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Update.
I’ve connected both red and yellow now to the tail light. So I can have it up and running before reversing.
mice also tagged the black to the ground of the vehicle, rather than the earth in the wiring loom going to the lights.
Multimeter reads +12v on the line, just what I need.

same thing. Works with the light on, but not when the engine is running.

must be some interference.
there is a little antennae from the camera, but only about 6 inches. Is it possible to extend this and run it up the inside of rear door?
they are looking for peaple like you in China. How to build transformers hey bumble bee.lol.

snowhead

snowhead

-
Mentor
Has the van got a full steel bulkhead?

Maybe with the engine running, start with the iPad near the camera, assuming it works there, work away from it and see where you loose the signal.

Top Tip, don't have engine running, van in reverse whilst standing at the back..

littlespark

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Its a plastic bulkhead.
Not using the reverse line now, going on tail lights.
It works fine when the engine is NOT running.

Could the voltage to the lights be less than 12v after the engine starts, thus dropping the feed to the camera (not enough voltage)

I did have it working ONCE yesterday, with engine running, when it was still connected to reverse, but i cant repeat it.

DPG

DPG

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
I'd still try a high value electrolytic capacitor as close as you can to the camera. As a reservoir to help during the dip when the starter takes it's current.

littlespark

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
i just dont have one of them handy in my toolbox at the moment, dpg

telectrix

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
just employ a man with a red flag (minimum wage) and when you get to the job, he can hump your tools out of the van, winner all ways.

Bob Geldoff1234

Bob Geldoff1234

-
Esteemed
Arms
The very first thing you need to check is there +12volts at the input of the camera when the engine is running?If there is then it's an interference issue.If there's no +12 volts then it could be due to the voltage going missing when the van starts.This could be caused by tapping into the interior light supply which might turn off when the van starts?

littlespark

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
It must be down to interference, as im getting the same 12v whether the engine is running or not.

Anyone got a though on extending the antennae?

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to Wi-fi reversing camera in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom