Discuss Wiring for xpelair VX100 in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Replacing bathroom fan with xpelair VX100 standard fan

Which colour wires go into what? Have L, N, T (although not a timer fan so presume I don’t need T, if so what do I do with this wire?)

Mains supply will obviously be isolated while installing

Attachments

• A1760DBA-375E-41A8-9FCA-AC632BDB8129.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 50820763-3F7E-49F5-8635-2D1E7009F3EC.jpeg
    471.3 KB · Views: 9
If you don't want it to operate as a run over timed fan you need a link between L and T or it will not function.

Thanks, the model I have is a standard fan not timer fan so there is no option of using a run over timer

Nothing connects to the T position. If you look there is nothing connected to the other side of it anyway (since as you say, it isn't a timer model).

So, red and black to L and N.

Nothing connects to the T position. If you look there is nothing connected to the other side of it anyway (since as you say, it isn't a timer model).

So, red and black to L and N.
Great, that’s what I was thinking, thank you 😊

And it's double insulated, so just sleeve the earth and keep it tucked out of the way. Don't cut it short.

And it's double insulated, so just sleeve the earth and keep it tucked out of the way. Don't cut it short.
Since there's a 3 terminal connector block provided, with nothing connected to 'T', I'd be tempted to scratch the 'T' into an 'E', with a sharp screwdriver, and park the earth wire there.

Since there's a 3 terminal connector block provided, with nothing connected to 'T', I'd be tempted to scratch the 'T' into an 'E', with a sharp screwdriver, and park the earth wire there.

Ooh, modifying a manufactured product!

Good idea though.

Reply to Wiring for xpelair VX100 in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net