Discuss Work trousers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I've had the electricians trousers from B&Q which i liked BUT for some strange reason they stopped selling them. Then I tried the dewalt trousers, but they are too heavy. Now it's the snickers duraTwill work trousers from screwfix £42, a little expensive but the best i've tried.

Mark

Totally agree, bought a par of dewalt trousers last year was stuck with em when we had the heat wave so heavy and thick nearly killed me, got a pair of snickers and i love em

i have tried many but have found snickers to be the best, i have short ones 3/4 length ones, trousers thick pair and a light weight summer pair, they have the longest lasting material and the pockets you can put tools in and still sit down, climb and move around in. i tried dickies but found them to tight and i couldn't get my hand in the back pocket to get the wallet out.( this only worked once down the cafe)

i went into dickies last weekend for a new pair of trousers and boots, found a bargain pair of boots on offer 18 quid! and i got another pair of £12 50 trousers (red hawk) they do me! but found a very good pair for 50 quid called Eisenhower Pro Kevlar (apparently) and they've got like re-enforced heavy duty but flexible material on the knees:
New Dickies Eisenhower Pro Kevlar Multi-Pocket Trousers EH30000 workwear
you name it, they've got it, down do zip off pockets on the front to hammer ring holster thing. they looked very good quality and for the same price as an average pair of snickers? the only reason i didnt get them was because they start at medium length and im short lol. even if i had them taken up, the knee pads would be too low. my gf's dad bought them however and went on about how the knee pads were in just the right place (sometimes they just miss my knee if they're too low.
anyway thats enough ramble about a flippin pair of trousers! but do have a look, i was impressed
cheers
jimbo

snickers all the way here also t shirts coats fleeces thermos mug etc :) had blaklader but find them tight fitting, also had helly hansen, previous company supplied dickies action trousers from screwfix which i think on some have kneepad pockets

Last edited by a moderator:
just bought a pair of dickies eisenhowers to see how they do. seem a good fit, like the 'tool flap' that goes into the pocket when not in use, nicer than tools in pockets.

i'm cheap army combats £5.00 & wifey does the knee joint for pads :) bless ... i do use overalls ( showing my age) & i have used dickies,H&H with tool pockets ... still like army combats

Hi all
Anyone tried scruffs in screwfix ? the pro look good might get some.

I've got the Bosch Workwear ones, found them on ebay they have cordura knees which seem indestructible. :)
They look good as well !

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my snickers trousers just over a year now, still plenty life left in them yet and i wouldn't be without them. I got them from the snickers workwear website. Not sure what they are called but the ones the toolflap folds inside the pocket when not in use. Plenty pockets for all your bits b bobs, hardwearing, kneepad holder, keep you warm when working outdoors, i honestly havn't a bad thing to say about them. Cost me fifty quid i think but i see it as fifty quid well spent, would highly recommend

Snickers for me with the Holster pockets. Last for ages, a little expensive but they have always proved value for money due to how long they last. Knee pads are a must in any work trousers, can't believe I used to work in jeans without them!

Need some new trousers but I need 29" inside leg Any other shorties out there know where the best place is :D

I'm afraid gentlemen that u haven't been blessed with the opportunity to wear the Mascot brand of workwear that u can get from screwfix. Looks good, feels good and is very practical and durable. I have found my workwear for life, I wouldn't even bother trying anything else now.

It shows in the price but well worth it

Need some new trousers but I need 29" inside leg Any other shorties out there know where the best place is :D

snickers offer a fantastic range of sizes mate, as far as im concerned if they dont do em then nobody will.

i wear snickers floorlayers pants, i have had cat, helly hansen etc but its snickers all the way for me now.

Reply to Work trousers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock