Discuss Would this be original? Cooker flex in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Disconnected a cooker ready for a kitchen to be removed, and found this.
Freestanding cooker with 4 rings, oven and grill.. rated 11.3kW, supplied by what looks like 1.5mm flex.

I know take diversity for cooking appliances, but 1.5 is pushing it a bit.

Just wondered if this was original to the cooker.
Google search on the model no. States 32A

The flex is branded Indesit, which I believe is zanussi, and the ends of the flex are crimped like they belong an appliance.

Would this be original? Cooker flex 665870D5-3738-4BAA-82F6-9665E95EB258 - EletriciansForums.netWould this be original? Cooker flex CB9BAD8F-E1A0-4046-BEE6-FC21C1C3B791 - EletriciansForums.netWould this be original? Cooker flex 4123616E-C8B1-494D-AD34-C5AF399D7FEE - EletriciansForums.net

Considering ho5 can only handle 16a in 1.5 or 25 in 2.5 it may well of been original but probably said something like to be installed on 16a mcb

I would guess it is the original flex supplied by the manufacturer

No… it might be 1.00mm. Certainly not 4… which is what I would have used.

you can see the back of the outlet how hot it’s been getting.

TBH it looks like its getting hot on the fixed wiring side of that plate.

No thermal damage on that flex Mind you it does look a bit melted down the flex with them ridges

NB cord grip aint doing much like that.

Last edited:
I would guess it was from a previous appliance e.g. separate oven of lower rating, re-used this one when the installer realised it didn't come with anything pre-installed.

Reply to Would this be original? Cooker flex in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock