Discuss xpelair fans in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

No mate, looks exactly the same but on line diagram , terminals show N, L1, L2 and T with the switch on the neutral going to T

But these make alot more sense mate. Where did you find them?

personally, i'm not an xpelair fan. i don't even know which league they play in.

Arrghhh. I have exactly the same fan, and the same issue. I had this exact same model of fan before, and it had a switched live - it worked perfectly for 2 years. When it died, I bought the exact same model to replace it - this one now has a switched neutral! Wiring it up the same as the previous one does NOT work - it just comes on permanently. It also does the same if I swap live and neutral but still provide a switched live.

I really don't want to have to re-write the lights to be switched neutral - did you manage to sort this texas bob?

Hi mate, ignore the terminal markings on the unit and the instructions. They are both wrong! Wire it as a 150+T model as follows... L N1 N2 T and T is a switched live mate. Xpelair agree with this and are sending me a cheque for my many wasted hours! whoop whoop. Hope this helps.

Puzzled me for ages till I found this site, could not understand why switched live ?? Went for Xpelaie product thinking quality would be good and they cant even electrically mark their product correctly ..

Hi mate, ignore the terminal markings on the unit and the instructions. They are both wrong! Wire it as a 150+T model as follows... L N1 N2 T and T is a switched live mate. Xpelair agree with this and are sending me a cheque for my many wasted hours! whoop whoop. Hope this helps.

Hi Texas Bob,
I have just had this issue with the same fan model and again xpelair are 100% it is correct on the wiring diagram mand should be switch neutral.
Any chance you can copy me any mail or contact you had so i can take up with them. Short of taking fan out for return i'm stuck.
Cheers

Reply to xpelair fans in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net