Discuss Yell and Thomson Local in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

axel132132

Hi All,

I paid for a Yell online account costs around £200 / Year.. For the online view.. So far that paid for itself, BUT ive had nothing since (About a month or two)!

I paid for Thomson Local and have just got my letter through now to sort my online account and i paid for Huddersfield, Halifax online and Huddersfield + Halifax in the book aswell for £500 / Year

Has anyone on here advertised online for Yell.com or Online for Thomson Local?

Are they worth it?

I know alot of people say what do you search for first.. GOOGLE??

Which is true if i wanted a company i would look on GOOGLE, but nowerdays YELL.com and Thomsonlocal.co.uk are both at the top of google if i search Electrician Huddersfield

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in local pages for a year but that was only £200, i got about £600 of work from it so i didn't bother again. I'm on google maps which was free and since being on there i've had around £5000 worth of work from it, i've also got the free online only yell ad and i've had about £2000 worth of work from that. The rest of my work is word of mouth so chances are those figures above are a lot more, its worth searching around for the free listings first at least then you haven't lost anything if they don't return any work.

If its free I use it even the free listing on Yell paid £12o for an add in the local mag and made £40 paid £65 for 5000 double sided A6 postcard size and its more than paid for itself as I designed it to go on a block of flats notice board and targeted the right areas as for paying for it remember you pay to be No 1 but next month somebody else does

Ive been on Yell.com since Oct last year, cost £780 just for Leeds and Bingley. Ive had 1 small job out of it. Ive had more from there free listings for Bradford as alot of people use it for local electricians.

Back in 2006 when yell launched the sponsored link at the top me and the guy I was in business with paid 1500 +vat for the sponsored link, we won the ballot. The work we got off this ad was unbelievable but by 2008 with the same link phone never rang, I now personally work word of mouth and have just paid for an ad in a local magazine. I think yell has had its day as let's be honest people search there postcode or area and you could end up top or bottom it's all luck of the draw and I don't know anyone who uses yell unless there looking for someone they already know, most people work word of mouth as there's that many cowboys about!!!

Ive been on Yell.com since Oct last year, cost £780 just for Leeds and Bingley. Ive had 1 small job out of it. Ive had more from there free listings for Bradford as alot of people use it for local electricians.

So why not cancel it I look at it this way if it was that good then everybody would be doing it I have had about £1500 of work from my Yell free listing as people pick you for your location

Reply to Yell and Thomson Local in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net