uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss You know you're a sparky when..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Supporter
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Another bit of fun, it can be anecdotal or make up

YKYASW; You take off your trousers at night and instead of a tills worth of loose change falling out, you have a wholesalers worth of rawl plugs, fuses, screws and that bit of fluff you can't figure out where the hell it came from.....

Next!

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

pirate

-
Arms
Esteemed
That bit of fluff usually comes from my belly-button...
but rawlpugs, yes! Yellow ones! They are my favourite!

GBDamo

-
Supporter
When the first thing you do on holiday is look for the CU and any other substandard electrical work to give oneself that warm glow of national supeiority.

GBDamo

-
Supporter
You have 100s of random screwdrivers, in all the garish hues of the rainbow, from sets that are all missing a 4mm flat.

Or is this just me?

pirate

-
Arms
Esteemed
When you can't resist buying 4mm flat and pozi 2 in bulk, and end up with all the other sizes too?

GBDamo

-
Supporter
Let's be honest....

When your household electrics are a half finished, semi compliant mixture of brands and finishes that one day you'll "finish"

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
When you sit in a hospital waiting room, looking round at all the surface mount electrics picking fault with the way it has been done or wondering what that odd shaped box thing is with all the conduits going in to it.

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Your customers get neat and tidy wiring, even when it’s hidden inside a consumer unit.

Your wife/husband is always moaning about the huge mess of wiring around the back of the telly.

Conversation goes something like, i’m Sure that’s not safe, all those wires etc. Do we really need all of them?
Reply is something along the lines of, of course it’s safe, who is the qualified electrician??

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed
ya Missus finds wagos in the washing machine...
Work related items in the washing machine does not go down well in my house and no matter how hard I check I always miss something

S

Squid

When you buy tools just for the sake of having something new that you won't use.

GBDamo

-
Supporter
Work related items in the washing machine does not go down well in my house and no matter how hard I check I always miss something
Im seriously considering taking my washing machine to work, it always find the pattress screws that i lose counless hours of my life looking for....

Trudge to van get new ones then empty a million out of the washing machine door seal.

marconi

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
If you attend an electrical installation and see an electrical fitting with n holes for screws for the cover and there are actually n-x screws in place, where x is in the range 0 to n, you have the urge to unscrew these screws and peer inside to see what delight/horlicks meets the eyes. And then spend the rest of the day thinking(vexing?) about what you would do to make it perfect for you.

AJshep

-
Arms
Esteemed
When your wife drags you round Tescos and you find yourself looking up at the ceiling.

Zdb

-
...when you go to the shops, a pub or even on holiday and all you seem to be drawn to is the poor quality parts of the electrical installation:rolleyes:

S

Squid

...when you go to the shops, a pub or even on holiday and all you seem to be drawn to is the poor quality parts of the electrical installation:rolleyes:
I just stare in to the barmaids cleavage.........

GBDamo

-
Supporter
I just stare in to the barmaids cleavage.........
Looking for somewhere to run your cable?

Des 56

-
Arms
Esteemed
Your customers get neat and tidy wiring, even when it’s hidden inside a consumer unit.

Your wife/husband is always moaning about the huge mess of wiring around the back of the telly.

Conversation goes something like, i’m Sure that’s not safe, all those wires etc. Do we really need all of them?
Reply is something along the lines of, of course it’s safe, who is the qualified electrician??
My wife bless her little heart A few times after a appliance gives up the ghost,she has asked if is ok to get a man in to fix,I gave up years ago telling her "I can do electrics"

Des 56

-
Arms
Esteemed
Just noticed my name has changed from Des to Of :confused:

After nearly seventy years I was getting quite used to Des as well,never mind,I shall just have to learn to adapt I suppose:)

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
My wife bless her little heart A few times after a appliance gives up the ghost,she has asked if is ok to get a man in to fix,I gave up years ago telling her "I can do electrics"
Absolutely agree, I positively encourage her to get a PERSON in to fix washers, driers etc.
It’s quicker, cheaper and less messy than doing it yourself.
And it saves you the lecture about I told you to get someone in to fix it properly, when it breaks down 18months later.

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
If you attend an electrical installation and see an electrical fitting with n holes for screws for the cover and there are actually n-x screws in place, where x is in the range 0 to n, you have the urge to unscrew these screws and peer inside to see what delight/horlicks meets the eyes. And then spend the rest of the day thinking(vexing?) about what you would do to make it perfect for you.
It is of course preferable to have at least one of those screws partially inserted and thoroughly cross threaded, or just the stub of said screw remaining.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to You know you're a sparky when..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom