Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss You know you're a sparky when..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Supporter
Advent Win
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Another bit of fun, it can be anecdotal or make up

YKYASW; You take off your trousers at night and instead of a tills worth of loose change falling out, you have a wholesalers worth of rawl plugs, fuses, screws and that bit of fluff you can't figure out where the hell it came from.....

Next!

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

pirate

-
Arms
Esteemed
That bit of fluff usually comes from my belly-button...
but rawlpugs, yes! Yellow ones! They are my favourite!

GBDamo

-
Supporter
When the first thing you do on holiday is look for the CU and any other substandard electrical work to give oneself that warm glow of national supeiority.

GBDamo

-
Supporter
You have 100s of random screwdrivers, in all the garish hues of the rainbow, from sets that are all missing a 4mm flat.

Or is this just me?

pirate

-
Arms
Esteemed
When you can't resist buying 4mm flat and pozi 2 in bulk, and end up with all the other sizes too?

GBDamo

-
Supporter
Let's be honest....

When your household electrics are a half finished, semi compliant mixture of brands and finishes that one day you'll "finish"

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
When you sit in a hospital waiting room, looking round at all the surface mount electrics picking fault with the way it has been done or wondering what that odd shaped box thing is with all the conduits going in to it.

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Your customers get neat and tidy wiring, even when it’s hidden inside a consumer unit.

Your wife/husband is always moaning about the huge mess of wiring around the back of the telly.

Conversation goes something like, i’m Sure that’s not safe, all those wires etc. Do we really need all of them?
Reply is something along the lines of, of course it’s safe, who is the qualified electrician??

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Red with 1 1/2" x 8 s. and i use the "robertson" square slot screws, just to pi$$ off the next guy.

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to You know you're a sparky when..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom