Discuss You know you're a sparky when..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Shoei

Regular EF Member
Being a spark is like Star Wars, but with monkeys - it says here...
spark.jpg
Sounds about right :)

Midwest

Electrician's Arms
You know your a sparky when..................................
Jeez, rather talk about knitting or topiary.

Did I tell you about the time I met Her Majesty :)

GBDamo

Subscribed Member
You know you're a Sparky when.....

You return home with bundles of cash in every pocket, give your beautiful model wife a quick kiss and then jump into the Porsch.

Pretty standard day for all of us I would say. :cool:
More like return home with holes in you're pockets, be told to fix something by the fish wife then walk into the porch.

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
My wife bless her little heart A few times after a appliance gives up the ghost,she has asked if is ok to get a man in to fix,I gave up years ago telling her "I can do electrics"
Oddly enough the appliance man is called "Ben Dover"

littlespark

Electrician's Arms
YKYASW.....
Your dad now thinks he's one too.

Mum: Can you come over- your dad tried to change a lightswitch...……. No.. it was just a tingle...…. no... its not back on the wall...…...yes. I've told him not to touch it again...……..ok. see you soon...…..

You get there and mum wants you to change a lampshade too. 2 steps up on your own stepladder and she says "be careful on that.... do you want the power off? Have I got time to boil the kettle?"

Been doing this job 30 flippin' years, I think I can balance on two feet!

Pete999

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
You know you're a Spark when every person in your neighbourhood who are short of cash, or don't like spending it form a line outside your front door " Hi Pete any chance you could take a look at my electrics" or words to that effect. "there's a drink in it for you" the drink consists of a cup of Tea or coffee. Been there done that got the T shirt.

Pete999

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
YKWYAS When her in doors takes you to BnQ looking for decorating stuff and you naturally gravitate to the electrical aisle eavesdropping on the DIYers trying to decide what to buy for the latest job she want's doing, and you have to bite your tongue and hide the snigger, and get the "what are you laughing at" from SWHTBO. Got that T shirt as well, mind you joking aside I did get a few jobs out of that trick, just couldn't help myself.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 59 66.3%
  • Black

Votes: 30 33.7%

Electrician Talk