Discuss 1.5mm radial in a caravan ?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I do love my job, and this is a fabulous job to be involved with, but jez the regs aren't clear on this type of thing.

In a house, you have either 2.5mm or 4mm on radial circuits. That's fine - but a caravan has nothing like the load (At most 16A is coming in from a mains hook up). So...can I get away with 1.5mm on 230V circuits in the caravan. There's only 2, one for a fridge, one for a 1.6kW induction hob. Neither will go above 6A, and a 1.5mm flex cable is rated at 16A.

I know it goes against the regs, and I suppose I could list it as a departure, but putting in a 2.5mm arctic cable seems overkill (and expensive).

Anyone got any views on that ? The theory seems fine, but I don't want to be bitten on the arse and wacked with the regs book if something goes wrong.

Have a look at Table 52.3 in the regs mate.

Reply to 1.5mm radial in a caravan ?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I am renovating a house. I am rewiring myself. I am getting an electrician to install a new consumer unit & test all my work. I'm looking...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Morning all So the site I'm based at recently had some work done (think partitioners). This package of work included electrical. This was...
Replies
Views
The never ending debate about supplies for cooking appliances. ??? I've just received an email from a customer that I'm in the process of quoting...
Replies
Views
For a change its nice to have a clean slate to work to. Client wants their garage rewired (and boy does it need it!) so they can have the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock