Discuss 1 phase 2 pole 400v pump wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello. How i should connect this 1 phase 2 pole 400v cooling pump? If i apply 1phase 230v and neutral it Will only growl and "spin" very very slowly.

Thank you for help.

Attachments

• IMG_20231201_175321229~2.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 21
I know that, but typeplate says 1 phase thats whats confusing me. I measured My capasitor and its charging and decharging
single phase 400v is what the name plate is stating as the supply required.

this could be provided by a step up transformer if you only have 230v single phase available.
alternatively it is probably easier to get a 230v motor instead.

Typically 400V is obtained between two phases of a 3-phase supply (nominal 400V L-L /230V L-N) which is common thorough the UK & EU for larger installations.

What is the motor for, and why did you get a 400V one?

Typically 400V is obtained between two phases of a 3-phase supply (nominal 400V L-L /230V L-N) which is common thorough the UK & EU for larger installations.

What is the motor for, and why did you get a 400V one?
Its for pumping cooling liquid for bandsaw. It came with bandsaw but not working. It was installed ; L1 - L2. Now i rewired it L1 - L1 and now its working.

Its for pumping cooling liquid for bandsaw. It came with bandsaw but not working. It was installed ; L1 - L2. Now i rewired it L1 - L1 and now its working.
Have you verified that L1 - L2 - L3 are all OK and showing around 400V?

For it not to be working L1-L2 but now working on something else (I guess "L1 - L1" is a typo as that would be zero volts!) suggests L1-L2 was not 400V which on a 3P system is a fault.

Reply to 1 phase 2 pole 400v pump wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net