Discuss 12V solar powered UV disinfection system in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently undergoing a small DIY project to make a solar-powered UV disinfection system.

The 2 loads I have are a small 4LPM 12v DC pump and a 24V 10W UV lamp.

My system consists of a 50W 12V solar panel which is connected to a 3A charge controller, A 12v 14AH battery, a 200W 12v DC to 220V AC inverter and a ballast to regulate the voltage to the UV lamp.

I was wondering if it was viable to run both loads simultaneously and how to do this? My original plan was to connect the DC pump to the load port on the charge controller and the inverter to the battery terminals, however, I am worried if this is feasible especially considering the low current rating of the charge controller.

If this is not feasible how else can I operate both loads simultaneously?

Thank you for your help

Reply to 12V solar powered UV disinfection system in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, So I'm replacing a small old off grid with a new 7.5kw off grid, & being poor seek best value for my mppt, after long searches I find this...
Replies
Views
I used 12v dc from a 13 plate car battery to power a 12v dianamo dc motor and brought in an alternator to change the battery using the rotation of...
Replies
Views
Hello, So I purchased a Novopal 2000w/4000w(Peak) Pure Sine Wave Inverter DC 12V to 110V/120V. I purchased this so I can hook it up directly to...
Replies
Views
Hi - On our small vessel we have a 12v failry powerful motor to run the autopilot, where the power is supplied by the boat's battery bank. On an...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am a Design and Technology student completing my final project of a portable solar-powered esky/mini fridge cooling system, however...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock