Discuss 12vMR 11,s in a bathroom + fire hoods in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stevie h

hi lads , can i fit 12v MR 11 spots above a bath and shower ? MR 11 is the size spots the and customer wants i cant find any ip44 rated spots in this size , would it be OK to fit standard MR11,S as they are 12v , and according to ECA FAQ fire hoods are unnecessary , what are your thoughts

LINK

ECA Website

cheers

Ste

That ECA link also states that sheathing cables in safe zones is not necessary. I was always told that you sheathed them unless the chase is deeper than 50mm?

Reply to 12vMR 11,s in a bathroom + fire hoods in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A
I am not an electrician, but before I go and call out fellows in the trade who charge by the hour just to give an opinion, I thought I'd ask you...
Replies
Views
dingledong
D
Evening all, This is a ridiculously long thread, so I dont expect anyone to read it all so I think I'm just looking to see if I'm in the right...
Replies
Views
L
Hi, a customer has spotted a downlight they like, 12v, but they dont do fire rated versions, what hood could i use? i cant get access from above...
Replies
Views
DurhamSparky
D
E
I think I've Posted this before, but I've just updated it. Some of the sparks where I work still get a little confused of what the different areas...
Replies
Views
D
Afternoon all, I'm new here and this is my first post. I recently posted on another forum with a rather long post about a problem in my...
Replies
Views
DonaldJ
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock