Discuss 13amp oven to connect in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

salisbury spark

Best way sought to add a oven (13amp plug top) to kitchen
Loads of ways - some safer than others!

Sould i add a FSU13amp spur off ring main(taking into consideration existing loading).

OR
Some arrangement from the back of existing cooker switch to hob(bearing in mind need to protect the new oven circuit with lower 'fusing').

thanks

6mm link from cooker outlet to single socket at side of cooker outlet,plug top fuse (on oven flex) will give you your protection.Cooker switch will also provide isolation point (obviously the cooker supply cable will be 6mm also,if you were to use a 6mm link ).If the cooker circuit is in 10mm then you will struggle to get everything into a cooker outlet :confused:

Cheers SCHOL1.- Didnt consider a socket from the cooker outlet (didnt think 6mm would go into socket) - thinking about it it should.
Answer provides everything i was looking for thanks.

Reply to 13amp oven to connect in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, My current oven is hardwired to a fused connection plate with a 13Amp fuse inside and power switch. That is then connected to the MCB labelled...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
Hello hope you can help I have a single oven 2.4kw max and a ceramic hob 6kw max I would like to put then both on the same circuit so i was...
Replies
Views
Hi all We are hoping to upgrade our oven. We currently have a single integrated oven and a separate induction hob. Each has its own red switch...
Replies
Views
Bit of advise if anyone has time.. I have a customer who brought a new kitchen from wrens. Customer has had the route to the kitsch redecorated...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock