Discuss 15A bs1362 fuse ???????????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Barry White

Popped up as a sugestion on ebay "you may like" It certainly got me interested.

15a fuse 1362 | eBay

The common sizes are 3A 5A and 13A (seen a few 10A on older appliances and there is suposed to be a 1A 2A and a 7A but not seen these.

No suprise its from China and on Ebay.
Seached this forum and found this :--
http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...-forum/89041-16a-fused-connection-unit-3.html post 34

Quote Engineer54 "I think i've mentioned this before, in that 15A BS 1362 fuses have been available in many countries, (and for many years) that i've worked in. Now whether they are available, or officially recognised in the UK, is another matter. ....Still not quite 16A though...lol!!"

A search on google revealed John Ward has seen them and done a little test!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBWmo-Y8c0E

They look Handy to put in the plug tops for the double ovens dame 13amp one keep Blowing!!!!:6:

Good old John I love his videos :)

Last edited:
I think we can take a guess that they aren't made by Bussmann. The fake fuses branded Bussmann are of varying quality, some are sandfilled, some not, most had the wire tucked under the endcap instead of being properly connected etc. I did a quick check the other week on a pile of fuses I had taken out of IEC cordsets and quite a number were either fakes or substandard. The real surprise wwas that these weren't cordsets from some dodgy online store, they were all bundled with professional electronic equipment from top tier brands.

They look Handy to put in the plug tops for the double ovens dame 13amp one keep Blowing!!!!:6:

Good old John I love his videos :)

He's hilarious, that voice lol and some of the videos wtf, watched one the other night, well the start of it, he was looking at lifts in a shopping centre.........crazy man lol

If every 'spark' watched and understood John's more informative videos we'd have fewer daft questions here about RCD tripping etc. Anyway just you wait until I start making them...

Reply to 15A bs1362 fuse ???????????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock