Discuss 17th edition top up in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

michaelw6

-
Arms
Reaction score
hello all,
I am 16th edition trained i had started this when it first came out think they had just changed from 15th to 16th in my first year.
Anyway i have had my part p elecsa registration done and been told i have to take a 17th edition course to top up my regs knowlage.
Now does any one know what it involves been on one ect to help me out a little whats changed and im gonna start looking around for courses.
Cheers.
Mike

Hi Michael i was 15th edition in 1988 and left the industry.Came back last September and had to take the full 17th edition.If you were 16th edition before 2001 you need to sit the full exam.Hope this helps.Paul;)

hello all,
I am 16th edition trained i had started this when it first came out think they had just changed from 15th to 16th in my first year.
Anyway i have had my part p elecsa registration done and been told i have to take a 17th edition course to top up my regs knowlage.
Now does any one know what it involves been on one ect to help me out a little whats changed and im gonna start looking around for courses.
Cheers.
Mike

hi, im in the same possition. i did 236 c&g to 16th edition standard in 1998. im then told few years down line, i have to sit latest 16th edition course. madness in my eyes as i was trained to 16th! annoyed me but did it to keep up and looks good on cv. didnt pay for it personally so i obliged obviously.
currently, if you did not sit 16th course in 2001 onwards, you have to sit full 17th course. luckily my 16th course was done in about 2002 so i only have to sit 17th exam :) the courses used to be one evening a week for a fortnight and then a multiguess exam. everyone flew it and passed first time. i was mega lucky and didnt revise at all and flew it but was 'fresh out of college'! wont be practising this method with 17th though as my brain has gone to mush over the last few years and i barely even use a calculator anymore!
check local building colleges too as these are often the best place if you do not have dedicated electrical colleges like leeds. avoid private firms though as they just let you sit the exam and you have no come back should you fail. college tutors are the daddy's and have been in the same possition as us all.
i nearly chose a private firm for my pat test course due to locality but found out their exam and certificate is a level of competance and not c&g accredited! if im payin, i want c&g-considering same price and recognised throughout the world.
all the best, martin

hi, im in the same possition. i did 236 c&g to 16th edition standard in 1998. im then told few years down line, i have to sit latest 16th edition course. madness in my eyes as i was trained to 16th! annoyed me but did it to keep up and looks good on cv. didnt pay for it personally so i obliged obviously.
currently, if you did not sit 16th course in 2001 onwards, you have to sit full 17th course. luckily my 16th course was done in about 2002 so i only have to sit 17th exam :) the courses used to be one evening a week for a fortnight and then a multiguess exam. everyone flew it and passed first time. i was mega lucky and didnt revise at all and flew it but was 'fresh out of college'! wont be practising this method with 17th though as my brain has gone to mush over the last few years and i barely even use a calculator anymore!
check local building colleges too as these are often the best place if you do not have dedicated electrical colleges like leeds. avoid private firms though as they just let you sit the exam and you have no come back should you fail. college tutors are the daddy's and have been in the same possition as us all.
i nearly chose a private firm for my pat test course due to locality but found out their exam and certificate is a level of competance and not c&g accredited! if im payin, i want c&g-considering same price and recognised throughout the world.
all the best, martin
thanks mate ill have to look up the date on my certificates when i passed my 16th i suppose its up to me to enter myself into the 17th course via collage what if i just did the 17th exam do they know how qualified i am via records or something?
cheers mike.

Reply to 17th edition top up in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock