Discuss 18V Makita angle drill in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tom Christopher

does anyone use either the makita DDA350Z or DDA351Z a 18v angle drills and what the difference is?

Need to invest in one for a big job coming up with a LOT of ceiling joist close togther. Or recommend any other decent battery angle drills?

OP
D

Deleted member 26818

The 350z has a key chuck, the 351z is key less and is 100g heavier.

OP
T

Tom Christopher

which one would be better for wood drilling?

Electrician's Arms
I've the DDA351Z. It's not got a lot of torque so might struggle if drilling anything large. It's also only a 10mm chuck, and tbh I don't think it'll be great for drilling lots of joists.

How close together are the joists? The Makita DHP481 Combi drill is 200mm long, I use it with stubby bits and have never generally had a problem.

Electrician's Arms
Milwaukee do a great right angled attachment here which I have. I've only had mine about a year or so but a couple of mates have had for much longer and it seems to withstand serious amounts of abuse.

plantpot

Regular EF Member
Get a Milwaukee hole hawg it will power through any joist .Brought one last year for a oak frame new build .

Marvo

Admin and gender confused
Staff member
Admin
......It's also only a 10mm chuck, and tbh I don't think it'll be great for drilling lots of joists.......
For wood drills wouldn't a 10mm chuck be fine? Usually wood bits have a small diameter shank with a wide spade cutting end.

diyterry

Trying to make sense of a confusing world
does anyone use either the makita DDA350Z or DDA351Z a 18v angle drills and what the difference is?

Need to invest in one for a big job coming up with a LOT of ceiling joist close togther. Or recommend any other decent battery angle drills?
Have a look at the Ryobi angle drill

Electrician Talk