Discuss 2 conductors in the same Wago connector hole in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've just watched a video on youtube about installing a bathroom extractor fan off of the light switch.

In it the guy says how much easier this is when you use Wago connector blocks rather than a ceiling rose (about 7 and a half minutes in). He's using Wago 3-way lever connector 222 blocks, but of course 3 of the blocks need 4 connections, so he's shoved 2 conductors into the same hole.

Is this safe / ok? I guess 5-way connectors wouldn't fit in the box, and (as far as I can tell) they don't sell 4-way connectors.

Any advice much appreciated.

I certainly would never do that. It doesn't take many brain cells to imagine that there is a high chance of a poor quality connection doing this, especially with solid core conductors as the dipstick in the video has done.

On a side note, anybody using wire strippers isn't a proper sparks :D

I certainly would never do that. It doesn't take many brain cells to imagine that there is a high chance of a poor quality connection doing this, especially with solid core conductors as the dipstick in the video has done.

On a side note, anybody using wire strippers isn't a proper sparks :D

Definitely agree with this. If it's got two slots, it's meant for two conductors. Although he makes it look as if it's got a good connection. I don't think it really is.

I've often wonder myself, as I couldn't find any info on that subject on the WAGO site. I have experimented, putting two conductors into the same connection, tugging one or either conductor, can result in one coming loose from the terminal. I guess any slight discrepancy in the same conductor size can prevent a secure clamp of said conductor.

Much better to use the one conductor into single clamp connection, and use a Wago XL box to accommodate the larger clamp connectors.
Of course you wouldn't think of twisting two conductors together and use one clamp connection, would you :eek:

Thanks for the responses - I thought it was probably not a good idea trying to fit 2 into the same slot.

So you're going to need 3 x 4-way connector and 1 x 3-way connector, which will take up quite a bit of space. What kind of box would accommodate all of that?

So you're going to need 3 x 4-way connector and 1 x 3-way connector, which will take up quite a bit of space. What kind of box would accommodate all of that?

If it's loop in (L/I), loop out (L/O), switch (S), light (L) and fan (F), you're going to need (these are standard size push connectors):-

1 x 6w (CPC - L/I, L/O, S, L, F)
3 x 4W (P/L - L/I, L/O, S, F) (S/L - S, L, F) (N - L/I, L/O, L, F)

They will fit quite comfortably in a standard Wagobox.

Reply to 2 conductors in the same Wago connector hole in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net