Search the forum,

Discuss 2 Gang 2 Way Help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kafs44

Hi Lads,
Just joined also doing a BTEC Diploma in Elec Install, I think I need it.
Need to wire two MK light switches a downstairs 2 Gang 2 Way light switch to a 1 Gang 2 Way light switch upstairs. Just 2 switch cables and a linking cable. 1 light upstairs 1 light downstairs.

where is your switch wire from the light? what cable links the switches? is the other switch on the 2 gang 1 way? nedda bit more info, mate.

got it i think. you have a 2gang downstairs and a 1gang upstairs. if so, you will have a 3core between the 2 switches. connect the 3core from 1 switch downstairs to the upstairs. terminal to terminal. then the t/e/upstairs in L1and L2. that will leave 1 t/e downstairs. that coes in common and L1 of the 1 way downstairs switch. if you can post a pic. i'll know better.

well the 3 core doesnt matter aslong as its like for like upstairs and downstairs and the other two cores upstairs can go in either L1 or L2. if you are sure there arnt any neutrals in the switches, if there is they would be in a connector block in the switch box. you could do it by trying the combination above but make sure the power is off and its light outside and u remember where the cables were originally.also the downstairs switch should only have one cable in each terminal. if your realy not sure i wud advise gettin some1 from college to come and show you how its done

Reply to 2 Gang 2 Way Help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for someone to help with this dilemma. Image attached to try and explain it better. We have 3 separate lights currently...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Pretty comfortable with wiring lighting until I came across needing to install 2 way dimming with a Retractive switch. I didn’t even know...
Replies
Views
Is the following set up possible with a 3 Gang 2 Way Smart Wifi Switch set up (the black glass type touch ones) One of the 3 switches, switches...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock