Discuss 2 way switch in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kye

hi all first time post.went to look at a job today original sparky not reg walked off job when owner asked about cert.lighting is wired at switchs not used this way before i understand on 1 way the live feed in & out goes to common neutrels & cpc are choc bloc seperately switch feed for light goes to l1.on 2 way does feed in & out still go to common or to l1 and strappers as norm.

hi kye

the feeds in and out go to L1, the switch line for the light goes to L2 and the 3 core goes how it does normally, i use black in common, brown L1 and grey L2 (dont forget sleeving). as you stated neutrals in a heat proof connector and earths to the back box or in a heat proof connector (sleeving), if the faceplate is metal you need a fly lead to earth.

matt

hi all first time post.went to look at a job today original sparky not reg walked off job when owner asked about cert.lighting is wired at switchs not used this way before i understand on 1 way the live feed in & out goes to common neutrels & cpc are choc bloc seperately switch feed for light goes to l1.on 2 way does feed in & out still go to common or to l1 and strappers as norm.
Sorry mate.How many cables do you at the switch.Do you have your 3 core between switches,line feed into switch and feed to light:confused:

at first switch is feed in /out & feed to light fitting plus 3 core at second switch just 3 core
Are they old colours or new.I would connect strappers as is.L1-Red or Brown.L2 Yellow or Black and L3 Blue or Grey.I would put all the blue's or black's at the switch that are incoming and outgoing into connector block.The feed in and out i would connect to L2 whether that be brown or red.The switch line i would connect to L3 whether that was brown or red.Don't forget to sleeve the strappers.:rolleyes:

Reply to 2 way switch in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net