Discuss 2357 NVQ Level 3 Advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

NathanMorgan

I've enrolled onto the 2365 diploma in electrical installation Level 2 in college this coming September 2015 doing 2 evenings a week over 34 weeks to complete it.

After completing the level 2 am I able to apply for a CSCS card and apply for jobs as an 'Electrician's Mate' and then be able to do the 2357 NVQ level 3 whilst working as a 'Electrician's Mate'?

Normally as I under stand it, 2365 level 2, then 2365 level 3, then there is a bridge bit and log book (need to be working to show work, don't know if that would mean you could tag on with someone, so you can show work done) plus am2

As for the ecs card, it's dark magic to me..

Also fit you 17th in there

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll also add that I'll be 25 in September and wondering what route have you guys in the 25+ age range have done to become a fully qualified spark such as did you do level 2 then level 3 in evening classes or did you find work as a mate/apprentice to complete your NVQ level 3 after your level 2.

Any feedback will be great.

If you can get yourself in WITH ANY ONE Electrician wise that is BEST and then 2357

But if your working or like me OLD and PASS it waiting to be taken out side and shot (note a lot on here are older that me :gunsmilie:)
then the way is to do the 2365 level 2 and 3, and the 17th edition and thats all you need to be SELF EMPLOYED part
But i will stress, doing the JOB HANDS ON .. is far more important than College life.

I did 2330 Level 2 and 3, the number before 2365. then i did 17th edition, i wonder on to 2377 Pat testing just for fun, Insulation Resistance test for Electronics goods really. Then i did 2394 (i took a EASIER version with Logic Ceft, mainly because i was scard of the pass rate with the C&G version [So i would rate any one who gets it far higher than I] and with my READING/WRITING plus expressing myself in the words they want). I then did 2395 (lot of people do 2394/5 at the same time but i split it just incase i messed up Cost about 650/course or about 1100 for the pair, so cheaper to do together and its the same course really) as before i did a easier version with EAL. I would NEVER SUGGEST Logic Cerf for a Qualification, as im not keen on how they mark their exams, and why my FE place isnt doing the course any more with them and moving to EAL or C&G.

But all these C&G numbers said, by the time you coming to do the next course, it may of changed. So 2365 Level 2 and 3 and 17th Edition First off and then see from there, 2yrs in the making. Then you can CONVERT your 2365 to a NVQ3 and AM2 and be FULLY QUALIFED.

As for the Apprentice thing Keep asking around, point out that you are doing things OFF on your OWN BACK and PASSING, be keen. And if that dont work, ask for any work to help and learn a bit more, maybe weekends or evenings for Min wage (as if they dont pay you might effect the insurance if any thing did mess up)

Reply to 2357 NVQ Level 3 Advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net