Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss 2391 in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

montybaber

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi there

Looking to do this course fairly soon, first thing is it possible to complete it in 4 days?? or is it a 5 day course?

I did my 17th at Lockwells training centre and it was very good but just too far away from where I live (weymouth, Dorset) does anyone know of any centres nearer to me?

I suppose I could do the college route??

Any info would be very helpfull

thanks

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
hi
i did it recently in 4 days but it was a bit tight for time and a lot to absorb in such a short time as all the practical tests have to be completed in the 4 days too.
the written exam was the following week on a thursday evening which worked quite well as there was revision time in between.
the other option is the 10 weeks at 1 night a week which suits some but not me.
at our local college that equates to 10 nights at 2 hours meaning 20 hours total compared to the 4 days at 8 hours giving you a full 32 hours.
best of luck with whatever you choose

S

Shakey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi there

Looking to do this course fairly soon, first thing is it possible to complete it in 4 days?? or is it a 5 day course?

I did my 17th at Lockwells training centre and it was very good but just too far away from where I live (weymouth, Dorset) does anyone know of any centres nearer to me?

I suppose I could do the college route??

Any info would be very helpfull

thanks
we teach it in 4 days, plus one day for the practical exams

but that is for pople who are familiar with testing;)

T

tony.towa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with Shakey. I did mine in four days, the normal course was five days plus exam time. A colleague who was with me took the five days because of the practical training time but i suppose I had the advantage of having been doing testing for quite a few years.

What I will say is that it was the tightest exam I have taken timewise for a long time so if you are not used to testing or the theory behind what you do do not cut the course time down.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to 2391 in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom