• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

montybaber

Hi there

Looking to do this course fairly soon, first thing is it possible to complete it in 4 days?? or is it a 5 day course?

I did my 17th at Lockwells training centre and it was very good but just too far away from where I live (weymouth, Dorset) does anyone know of any centres nearer to me?

I suppose I could do the college route??

Any info would be very helpfull

thanks

hi
i did it recently in 4 days but it was a bit tight for time and a lot to absorb in such a short time as all the practical tests have to be completed in the 4 days too.
the written exam was the following week on a thursday evening which worked quite well as there was revision time in between.
the other option is the 10 weeks at 1 night a week which suits some but not me.
at our local college that equates to 10 nights at 2 hours meaning 20 hours total compared to the 4 days at 8 hours giving you a full 32 hours.
best of luck with whatever you choose

Hi there

Looking to do this course fairly soon, first thing is it possible to complete it in 4 days?? or is it a 5 day course?

I did my 17th at Lockwells training centre and it was very good but just too far away from where I live (weymouth, Dorset) does anyone know of any centres nearer to me?

I suppose I could do the college route??

Any info would be very helpfull

thanks

we teach it in 4 days, plus one day for the practical exams

but that is for pople who are familiar with testing;)

I agree with Shakey. I did mine in four days, the normal course was five days plus exam time. A colleague who was with me took the five days because of the practical training time but i suppose I had the advantage of having been doing testing for quite a few years.

What I will say is that it was the tightest exam I have taken timewise for a long time so if you are not used to testing or the theory behind what you do do not cut the course time down.

Reply to 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back