Discuss 2nd Zone UFH and 2nd pump in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

I require a second pump connected to a 2nd zone.

System is S plan, just a bit stumped with how you only get the pumps on that are calling for heat with only one boiler.

Zone 1 at moment pump and boiler comes off 10 which is right but the 2nd pump has to go in 10 as the neutral and earth are common I can't see how you stop the both pumps firing up when only 1 zone calls for heat.

Only way I can see is a relay or contactor but I can't remember the basics with them been that long since used one.

Anyone got any diagrams that can help??

Thanks Rich

Hi - this thread’s got some info on the subject from @Leesparkykent which helped me :) .

2nd valve used to control pump,room stat will Ctrl this,switch valve,which will operate that pump.
see what you mean with the signal to the boiler & pump.
The orange from the valve could feed the pump,but would not on that zone fire the boiler

2nd valve used to control pump,room stat will Ctrl this,switch valve,which will operate that pump.
see what you mean with the signal to the boiler & pump.
The orange from the valve could feed the pump,but would not on that zone fire the boiler
Yeah bit of a head scratcher, never know the Ufh pumps might have their own wiring boxes that have the next relays.

If I recall the last one I did, its was S-Plan+, with the UFH having its own 2 port valve, and the UFH manifold & pump with live feed, and switch live from room stat to the 2 port.

The UFH manifold will then blend the water in the UFH loops, with the heated water from the boiler, to the required temerature. Otherwise the floor would be too hot to walk on.

2nd Zone UFH and 2nd pump 1575730073273 - EletriciansForums.net

For multiple pumps you will effectively need a relay for each pump fitted.
You must always have a pump connected to the boilers pump overrun terminal, so if there isn't a seperate circulating pump for this purpose you will need the relays to always leave one pump connected even when all zones are off.

Think we might be at cross purposes. The UFH pump, has nothing to do (socially as it were) with the CH system. It just lives in a world of its own circulating water around the UFH loops.

I take it you've actually seen the system the OP is working with then?

Not all systems work like that.

I take it you've actually seen the system the OP is working with then?

Not all systems work like that.

Ok stand corrected then.

However, all the UFH systems I've worked on, come as kit to add to existing CH systems. Unless your talking of a bespoke UFH system, for large premises. Bit like the place I work in now, which has a large circulating flow & return, and the manifold takes its blend from that.

Ok stand corrected then.

However, all the UFH systems I've worked on, come as kit to add to existing CH systems. Unless your talking of a bespoke UFH system, for large premises. Bit like the place I work in now, which has a large circulating flow & return, and the manifold takes its blend from that.

Most domestic ones I've done these days do seem to be the kit type. Thinking about it it is a few years since I've seen it done directly from the circulating pump just like any radiator zone.

Reply to 2nd Zone UFH and 2nd pump in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock