Discuss 302 written exam on the city and guilds 2365 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Took my Lvl 3 electrical installation, 302 science exam paper A and failed it. I get a resit and it's going to be on Paper B.
Does anyone have any info on what type of questions to expect on the 302 written exam please?

many thanks

Very similar to Paper A, I imagine. The spec is in the C&G Qualification Handbook, duplicated here for your convenience.

302 written exam on the city and guilds 2365 Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 21.16.09 - EletriciansForums.net

So you can see how many questions you're going to get on each of the topics ("learning outcomes"), and what their relevant weightings are. The first two alone are worth more than half the marks, but there should be relatively easy marks to get on things like heating and lighting... there's only so much they can ask you about those.

The first topic isn't in the text book (if you've got it), but I think they have finally got round to updating the SmartScreen material (handouts etc), if you've got access to that.

Good luck! :)

----------- has the 302 exam simulators...
C&G 2365 - 302 Practice questions for the Principles of Electrical Science written assessment | -----------.co.uk - http://www.-----------.co.uk/2365_Unit302/2365_Unit302_test_simulator.php

If you fail the 302B you'll do the 302A...and its all multiple choice now so the numpty yout-dem can understand. C&G cucked out to the EAL and the state. All new sparks are are dubious. Grenfells everywhere.

In our college the students failing written paper B had to do written Paper A again, Paper B is much easier than paper A. Source me: I passed Paper B with 78% having flunked Paper A cos I drew the wrong earthing system (15 points lost on that question) and 44% scored...
I was warned that 302 was really hard. Studied the equations like mad. There was very little quantitative questions on 302A if I remember. It was mostly drawings. I think 3 phase dol pictures cam up, very little in the way RLC circuit equations . A couple of questions on luminosity and a description on how a bridge rectifier works. I wasted a lot of time over revising and overstudying. It was a test on general understanding. Id use the Scanlon book not the C&Gs own book which was dog poop and chucked in the bin. Good luck shag.

I was warned that 302 was really hard. Studied the equations like mad. There was very little quantitative questions on 302A if I remember. It was mostly drawings. I think 3 phase dol pictures cam up, very little in the way RLC circuit equations . A couple of questions on luminosity and a description on how a bridge rectifier works. I wasted a lot of time over revising and overstudying. It was a test on general understanding. Id use the Scanlon book not the C&Gs own book which was dog poop and chucked in the bin. Good luck shag.

Yeah sorry I have updated that post. I was talking about the Written Design Test in which I flunked the fist paper, then passed the second one.

Science I passed first time.
Science Exam Questions.docx (3.82MB) - SendSpace.com - https://www.sendspace.com/file/kwdcsw link to my notes.

Dont suppose you have a link I can find this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electrical-Installation-Work-Brian-Scaddan/dp/008096981X

Does anyone know what kind of questions to expect on the 304 written exam retake . Most of the class failed the first time

Haven't your tutors been preparing you for at least subjects in the ballpark, ours did. They should have either put up stuff on the smartboard or pointed you to reference material on Moodle. Then you study the material and pass.

If I can pass these tests anyone can and I'm just a dog in a top hat.

Haven't your tutors been preparing you for at least subjects in the ballpark, ours did. They should have either put up stuff on the smartboard or pointed you to reference material on Moodle. Then you study the material and pass.

If I can pass these tests anyone can and I'm just a dog in a top hat.
Honestly some of these teachers are a joke and they don't teach properly how my secondary school teachers taught.

Reply to 302 written exam on the city and guilds 2365 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock