Discuss 32amp 3P+Earth 3h socket aka reefer socket in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jpm646

Right it's hard to explain but I'm doing a job for my step dad who has a haulage company and does a lot of work with reefer containers (a container with a fridge) they have a 3P+E socket on them so I ordered 2 x 32a GE 3P+E isolators with sockets but when I went to fit them the sockets are slightly different, after sum research I found some 3P+E 3h socked aka reefer sockets but at the wholesalers they are £50 each for the panel mount ones, any one know where to get these cheaper I want the panel mount ones as I can just swap the socket on the isolator enclosure.
Here's a pic of the plug on the containers
32amp 3P+Earth 3h socket aka reefer socket {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
32amp 3P+Earth 3h socket aka reefer socket {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Seams a bit of a silly response I wounded y people don't bother posting on here much I've helped a few people out and I haven't just turned up asking silly questions I wanted to know if any one knew where stocked them or some where cheaper to buy,
I don't feel the need for the silly reply

Sourcing Mennekes stock in the UK appears difficult and pricey. Gewiss and Lewden are probably your best bet and are available from most electrical wholesalers, but Reefer stock will probably be to order. Richard has kindly posted links above. A Commercial/Industrial Ships Chandler might have Reefer stock on the shelf.
Huttons : The UK's leading supplier to the maritime industry

Last edited by a moderator:
Seams a bit of a silly response I wounded y people don't bother posting on here much I've helped a few people out and I haven't just turned up asking silly questions I wanted to know if any one knew where stocked them or some where cheaper to buy,
I don't feel the need for the silly reply

What response do you want?
It’s a Mennekes 32A plug, end of!

Thanks to mad sparky and Richard burns I'll have a look CEF have quoted £66 inc vat and delivery for two of these and they are lewden so I think I'll just have to pay as you said its an order only kind of item they are a bit rare thanks for the input tho

@ richard burns thanks for the help but the one on ebay is a standard socket with the earth p[in at the 6H position if you look at the pic the earth pin is 90deg to the right not at the top (inline with the lug) where they normaly are this is why thate are a pain to get hold of 3p+E sockets are bad enugh to get hold of with out it being in a different position Thank You for your help any way

if you compare this "normal" 3P+E 32amp 6h socket to the 32a 3p+E 3h plug i posted everyone might understand a bit better

Attachments

• 32amp 3P+Earth 3h socket aka reefer socket 5618f5c4-1e2d-2dbd - EletriciansForums.net
    5618f5c4-1e2d-2dbd.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 32amp 3P+Earth 3h socket aka reefer socket IMG_0167 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_0167.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 32amp 3P+Earth 3h socket aka reefer socket in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock