Discuss 4mm t&e radial circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sjhall

-
Reaction score
Hi Lads

Do any of you guys run radial socket circuits ( with multiple points ) in 4mm ? Do you find 2 x 4mm in the back of a socket a squeeze?
Only asking as I've just been passed 2 x 100m drums of 4mm off the lad doing the solar on a job I'm on for doing him a favour.... so 4mm radial... pain in the --- or not so bad ?

Cheers

I do these a lot commercially in white pvc singles. Bit tight in the terminals but doable if cables are dressed/prepped ok. Radials seem to be coming into their own a little bit more now.

I do these a lot, as I mainly do commercial. Some cheaper brands are a squeeze. MK, Schneider etc are absolute fine. Can even get two 6mm into an MK if prepped right

Would be interesting to know if you can get 2 x 4mm AND 1 x 2.5mm? You just know you're going to need to spur at some point!

Hi Lads

Do any of you guys run radial socket circuits ( with multiple points ) in 4mm ? Do you find 2 x 4mm in the back of a socket a squeeze?
Only asking as I've just been passed 2 x 100m drums of 4mm off the lad doing the solar on a job I'm on for doing him a favour.... so 4mm radial... pain in the --- or not so bad ?

Cheers
I would install Radials with 4mm2 or 2.5mm2 with 32A or 20A Depending on the situation, or what Appendix 15 BS7671 stated, nothing new with 4mm2 32 A radials, it's all within the Regulations.

Thanks.... it wasn't really a question of can it be done and how... as it's rather basic even for me, it was more of - is it a pain due to size of cable's.

More concerned with 2 x 4mm in a socket.
But as I've had a few good answers, I think there isn't more too add.

Hi Lads

Cheers
No, we use 35mm boxes as standard on all jobs and MK sockets and have no problem. All sockets should take 2 x 4mm cables no problem by design.

But they don’t know sh.. you know what. It isn’t actually a spur in the case of a radial. It’s a branch.
Oh lord forgive me, I’m actually agreeing with “him”
I almost did, but I just can't bring myself to discuss whether it's called a 'branch' or a 'spur' :D

Reply to 4mm t&e radial circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock