Discuss 6 Inch Can Light Retrofit Bulb Wattage Advise in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

dennisd

DIY
Reaction score
Hello,
We would like to update the lighting in our Great Room that measures 28' x 18'. The ceiling has two 6 inch can lights on a sloped ceiling above the fireplace that is 13 feet high. We are considering retrofit LED Gimbal replacements but are unsure about the bulb wattage. Does anyone have a suggestion on the wattage or other lighting options? I have attached a photo. Thank you!!Great Room 1.jpg

Hello,
We would like to update the lighting in our Great Room that measures 28' x 18'. The ceiling has two 6 inch can lights on a sloped ceiling above the fireplace that is 13 feet high. We are considering retrofit LED Gimbal replacements but are unsure about the bulb wattage. Does anyone have a suggestion on the wattage or other lighting options? I have attached a photo. Thank you!!View attachment 56002
Dennis there should be a label saying max wattage. Good luck my friend

Reply to 6 Inch Can Light Retrofit Bulb Wattage Advise in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am looking at installation of an architectural dimmer, that is will supply 6 channels, with 20A circuits each (2400W ea). Our hall has can light...
Replies
Views
Recently moved into a new home and replaced the main light fitting in the sitting room. We replaced it with this dimmable LED fitting: ENDON...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have two almost identical circuits of outdoor 12v lighting setup in my garden, each running off a separate 20W 240v-12v transformers...
Replies
Views
Hi, we need some advice on our scenario with regards to our rewire plan. I will get this out of the way first... We are planning to put the house...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am not an electrician. I don't normally post on forums but I'm at breaking point with this situation and require some advice please. Our...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock