Discuss A Rather Obvious Forged EICR in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I think the problem is an electrician can cover different levels of competence and you can always spot an electrician whos level of skill is domestic in a commercial world. Not that I am comparing one with another but there is one of those Nagey videos of him fitting SWA cables to a cable tray installed incorrectly and it looks appalling. A case of stick to what you know.

The Fault lies obviously with the idiot who contributed to the mess and the Builder enlisting a non licensed Electrician. The client should have requested his credentials prior to the commencement of work.

On Major sites in Aus. You have to provide an Electrical license and sometimes (A new thing appearing to stop things like this) a CV/Resume to check on your background to ensure you are capable.

I’m not knocking house bashers but Especially in Heavy Industrial and Mining they used to take them on as T/A’s (Mates)

---- work... terrible I’ve seen better in 3rd world countries.

Last edited:
Knowing your limitations as a sparks is equally as important as knowing what you can do...
Just the other day I was asked to quote for a job that requires a lot of reworking and installing new micc in a 1940s built chapel. I have declined as it’s beyond my level.
If it was one or two micc that need altering I ‘might’ have given it a go. But this job will require 40-50 alterations and additions all in micc.
Know your role

It’s been a long time since I worked on Pyro (MICC) the old sparks I worked with (Jurassic sparks) he bought me a set of MICC tools... Potting tool. Crimper and Stripper then took them away from me. I had to strip it with side cutters and a screwdriver. Use a set of pliers as a potting tool. His motto was do it the hard way and everything becomes easier. The same was with steel conduit. We used a block of wood with a slanted hole.

Knowing your limitations as a sparks is equally as important as knowing what you can do...
Just the other day I was asked to quote for a job that requires a lot of reworking and installing new micc in a 1940s built chapel. I have declined as it’s beyond my level.
If it was one or two micc that need altering I ‘might’ have given it a go. But this job will require 40-50 alterations and additions all in micc.
Know your role

Whereabouts is the job and how so9n does it need doing? Sounds like it's up our street but our waiting list is pretty long at the moment.

Whereabouts is the job and how so9n does it need doing? Sounds like it's up our street but our waiting list is pretty long at the moment.

I think it’s just outside Frimley. I did think about asking on here if anyone fancied.
If they contact me again I will pass the details onto here.

I think it’s just outside Frimley. I did think about asking on here if anyone fancied.
If they contact me again I will pass the details onto here.

No worries, that's not too far from me at all.
The majority of my work is West end theatres, so a lot of very old installations with plenty of pyro.

This is a brand-new board. Words fail me.
Can't see any slot between the glands on the tails

Know your role
Never seem to get offered that sort of job up here, would be nice to do an MICC job as I have not done one in a good while

I think the problem is an electrician can cover different levels of competence and you can always spot an electrician whos level of skill is domestic in a commercial world. Not that I am comparing one with another but there is one of those Nagey videos of him fitting SWA cables to a cable tray installed incorrectly and it looks appalling. A case of stick to what you know.
Completely agree Westward. I am purely domestic. My work is neat and safe and I believe my knowledge of domestic electrics is fairly high (although when lucien and DS start talking I question that). However, I got asked to simply put some cables (in a domestic house) in metal trunking. One 3m length of metal trunking, that's all....

Metal trunking!!!! What the hell is that! We use plastic in domestic!

It's got sharp edges, It becomes an exposed conductive part, It doesn't have nice sticky tape on it, It's heavy, It doesn't cut to size in 4 seconds.

I think it should be illegal for domestic customers to even mention it let alone ask for it!

And I thought the installation I witnessed today was rough...

Phew! It’s not one of mine
Not knocking house bashers but this looks like one totally out of their depth.

Agree.

Worked alongside some industrial guys a few weeks ago and the finish they achieve with seemingly little effort was a joy to behold. They were running a new 5core 25mm SWA supply and TP board.

All tray and galv trunking, very nice work.

Little things I noticed was crimping tray ends, drilling the trunking so that the board sat flush and not raised on its assembly screws.
They had a bracket or hanger for every occasion.

It was a like 'yup, you've done this before'.

Agree.

Worked alongside some industrial guys a few weeks ago and the finish they achieve with seemingly little effort was a joy to behold. They were running a new 5core 25mm SWA supply and TP board.

All tray and galv trunking, very nice work.

Little things I noticed was crimping tray ends, drilling the trunking so that the board sat flush and not raised on its assembly screws.
They had a bracket or hanger for every occasion.

It was a like 'yup, you've done this before'.
I miss work like that. Been doing domestic for too long now for it to be interesting every day.

I miss work like that. Been doing domestic for too long now for it to be interesting every day.
same here. would love to be back with the galv. tray, trunking, conduit, and being able to fit things without being on my knees or stretching up to a ceiling.

Sod that I spent all my apprenticeship and a bit after doing industrial and commercial and now I'm just doing domestic and would not go back.

Prime example Is when I was on a job to install a sub station in a factory and do the runs and install to several panel boards and one ares i used over 300 cable ties, wrenched with a large driver to shape and form a 120mm armoured that was cold and had been all bent twisted etc for 2 weeks around a bend to look nice.

Obviously I cut away unnecessary ties and tidied up the ones that were left.

Attachments

• A Rather Obvious Forged EICR Screenshot_20200723-103756_WhatsA - EletriciansForums.net
    Screenshot_20200723-103756_WhatsApp.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 20
  • A Rather Obvious Forged EICR Screenshot_20200723-103746_WhatsA - EletriciansForums.net
    Screenshot_20200723-103746_WhatsApp.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 20
  • A Rather Obvious Forged EICR Screenshot_20200723-103734_WhatsA - EletriciansForums.net
    Screenshot_20200723-103734_WhatsApp.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 19

Reply to A Rather Obvious Forged EICR in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock