Search the forum,

Discuss Abnormal Humming sound of Power Transformer in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sudheerkptcl

Hello,

We faced a strange problem in the stations tapped to 66KV line. (FTS-SFC Line)
There was abnormal variation in humming sound of the Transformer in one of the station tapped to FTS-SFC line. The two Transformers in that station behaved similar and the humming sound used to increase in the night. Later this variation in humming sound of the Transformer also reflected in other stations connected to same 66KV line. (FTS-SFC Line). There was no variation in either the voltages or currents in the station when observed through Power Analyzer.
On Detailed inspection it was found that there was heavy arcing in one of the tapped line (66KV Line) in two phases near Group Operating Switches. Also the humming sound of the Transformers in that station was too high compared to other stations.
Please suggest me the reason for this strange behaviour in humming sound of the Power Transformer. If it is because of Harmonics please clarify how and which Harmonics are generated due to Arcing near Group Operating Switch.
Also please suggest me the related documents regarding this case. It’s very important for me as I have to give a seminar on this case.
Regards
Sudheer

Reply to Abnormal Humming sound of Power Transformer in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net