Discuss Accenta 6 decommissioning in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Andyx

-
Reaction score
Hello
I have bought a house with one of these fitted. I had to turn the electric off to do some work and when I turned it back on the alarm panel was beeping. I was able to stop it by putting in the code though assume if I hadn't the alarm would have sounded. I Googled this and it looks like it needs a new back up battery? I don't intend to use the alarm as I have a cat so would be concerned about false alarms but think having it there may act as a deterrent - am I able to turn if off or alternatively I can replace the battery but seems a bit silly if I don't use it but don't want it sounding if the power goes off? I tried looking in the manual but cant see a way of turning it off.

thanks

open the box. disconnect battery. is there a unswitched fuse (like this) :Accenta 6 decommissioning 1586363830160 - EletriciansForums.net close to the panel?

Most bells have a battery as well, so if you cut the wire going to the bell it will go off.
What you can do is open the bell box and inside there will be a siren with 2 wires coming from it (sometimes to a terminal rail). Just disconnect the wires and the bell will no longer sound.

Alternatively, you can replace the existing PIR's with pet PIR's that are designed not to set the alarm off.

Just to add to the above, if there is a battery in the bell box, when you unscrew the screw to access the box then the siren will go off.
I don't want you to be surprised by this and fall off your ladder.
Just carry on, remove the bell box cover and remove the wires going to the siren.

or the wires to the battery. personally i'd de-power the panel and let the external one sound for 20 mins (approx.). that way saves ladder work and easier to recommission if wanted.

Most bells have a battery as well, so if you cut the wire going to the bell it will go off.
What you can do is open the bell box and inside there will be a siren with 2 wires coming from it (sometimes to a terminal rail). Just disconnect the wires and the bell will no longer sound.

Alternatively, you can replace the existing PIR's with pet PIR's that are designed not to set the alarm off.
Thanks everybody - if I looked to replace the PIR's is there a particular type I have to get to work with this system?
[automerge]1586445643[/automerge]
Thanks everybody - if I looked to replace the PIR's is there a particular type I have to get to work with this system?
Also meant to say would Bosch Blue Line be ok and would I need the engineers code to fit? cheers

Last edited:
any PIR designed for alarm systems will work. the pet friendly ones come in a variety of weight parameters. e.g. a 10kG. variant will do for a cat. a 40kG. variant might be needed for a rottweiler or german shepherd dog.

read this:

any PIR designed for alarm systems will work. the pet friendly ones come in a variety of weight parameters. e.g. a 10kG. variant will do for a cat. a 40kG. variant might be needed for a rottweiler or german shepherd dog.

read this:
Cheers one final question as the alarm didnt do anything when I turned the power off for about half hour (only when I turned it back on) if I just switch off its switched fuse will it not just stay quiet? As thinking about it doesn't it mean that as it didn't do anything when I turned the power off before the battery in the bell must be dead as well?

Cheers one final question as the alarm didnt do anything when I turned the power off for about half hour (only when I turned it back on) if I just switch off its switched fuse will it not just stay quiet? As thinking about it doesn't it mean that as it didn't do anything when I turned the power off before the battery in the bell must be dead as well?
sounds like it. if so, just pull the fuse in the Fused Connection Unit, then diss. the panel battery.

Reply to Accenta 6 decommissioning in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock