Discuss adding additional 12v Lithium in parallel in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

ptrimble

DIY
Reaction score
I am looking at having a camping setup with 3 x 12v 100ah lithium batteries. My setup is such that the ute canopy lifts off and stays at site as such so does the battery setup. I am keen to see if I can find a way to separate one if required and charge in the car while driving around. However, when connecting back it I may have 1 fully charged and the other two somewhat depleted. Is this a bad idea, possibly causing damage to the batteries or excessive current draw from the charged battery.
My other option is if the batteries are getting low be able to isolate/switch to the single if required.

Reply to adding additional 12v Lithium in parallel in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have an 5kW inverter and 48V Lithium battery with inbuilt BMS. As you would be aware, when inverter gets battery power, immediately the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am a Design and Technology student completing my final project of a portable solar-powered esky/mini fridge cooling system, however...
Replies
Views
Hello all, new here. I’m searching for advice whilst brainstorming the idea of installing an additional 12v battery in my car to supply the...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. Before I start I am not an electrician and am relatively new to this topic. Current set up Axpert 5.5 Kw inverter, 7 x 420...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock