Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Adding LED Lights for Wardrobe in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I am wanting to add some LED lights into my wardrobe shelving. I have seen a few around but I am not sure if they will work to my needs.

Basically, each shelf is quite dark and it’s hard to see things clearly, so I want to add lighting to each of them.

What I am looking for is when I open the door, lights will switch on and when it closes it will turn off.
I want them to turn on and off either day or night so basically based when the door is opened.

Anyone recommend anything that they have used? I would rather not wire it to the mains electricity.

Last edited:
Just put all your clothes in the fridge. Job done. 😂👍

Marvo

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I've got one of these in my wardrobe and it works a treat. It has a built-in daylight and motion sensor, it's bright enough to light up my entire wardrobe and it uses 3x AAA batteries which last for about a year. I'm sure you'll find something similar on Amazon or EBay.

Ikea do a couple:

You'll need a driver and a nearby 13amp socket for the second option - there are drivers at the bottom of the page linked to above.

Lou

Mod
@john watts of Instyle LED may be able to help, they sponsor the forum :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the replies

I am not looking for strips as they are going in small shelves 50cm x 30cm.
I think these round ones might do the trick Amazon

Reply to Adding LED Lights for Wardrobe in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom