CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Adding LED Lights for Wardrobe in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I am wanting to add some LED lights into my wardrobe shelving. I have seen a few around but I am not sure if they will work to my needs.

Basically, each shelf is quite dark and it’s hard to see things clearly, so I want to add lighting to each of them.

What I am looking for is when I open the door, lights will switch on and when it closes it will turn off.
I want them to turn on and off either day or night so basically based when the door is opened.

Anyone recommend anything that they have used? I would rather not wire it to the mains electricity.

Last edited:
Aico 3000 Range

Marvo

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I've got one of these in my wardrobe and it works a treat. It has a built-in daylight and motion sensor, it's bright enough to light up my entire wardrobe and it uses 3x AAA batteries which last for about a year. I'm sure you'll find something similar on Amazon or EBay.

Ikea do a couple:

You'll need a driver and a nearby 13amp socket for the second option - there are drivers at the bottom of the page linked to above.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the replies

I am not looking for strips as they are going in small shelves 50cm x 30cm.
I think these round ones might do the trick Amazon

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Adding LED Lights for Wardrobe in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom