Discuss Adding LED Lights for Wardrobe in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

TheTwist

DIY
Reaction score
I am wanting to add some LED lights into my wardrobe shelving. I have seen a few around but I am not sure if they will work to my needs.

Basically, each shelf is quite dark and it’s hard to see things clearly, so I want to add lighting to each of them.

What I am looking for is when I open the door, lights will switch on and when it closes it will turn off.
I want them to turn on and off either day or night so basically based when the door is opened.

Anyone recommend anything that they have used? I would rather not wire it to the mains electricity.

Last edited:
I've got one of these in my wardrobe and it works a treat. It has a built-in daylight and motion sensor, it's bright enough to light up my entire wardrobe and it uses 3x AAA batteries which last for about a year. I'm sure you'll find something similar on Amazon or EBay.

Ikea do a couple:

You'll need a driver and a nearby 13amp socket for the second option - there are drivers at the bottom of the page linked to above.

Reply to Adding LED Lights for Wardrobe in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Great forum with lots of advice read and greatly received over the years! I have a question here that I am hopeful somebody here can...
Replies
Views
The mrs has just decided she now wants a TV wall with built in shelves etc We are going to build it out of mdf and then paint, I am just...
Replies
Views
hello all. I am trying to add led strip lights to my boat trailer. I have marine grade submersible lights. I will have them running parallel to...
Replies
Views
I want to buy two of the above for my property. I am on a budget. The property can get battered by driving rain, finding an outdoor LED flood...
Replies
Views
Hi, Some advice would be appreciated… I have 4 downlights in the bathroom and want to add a motion sensor to turn on just one if everything is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock