Discuss ADE optima compact panel. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Tilly

-
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the add.

Alarm is quite a few years old, no problems until recently.

The PIR in my shed started playing up, couldn't find the problem so it was was omitted. After a couple of bikes and a boys 360 was stored I became worried, so started to check the wiring out.

The pir wire was routed across a door threshold. I lifted the carpet to find the wire quite chewed up.The alarm was put into engineers mode. Because of the rather long route with twists bends the chewed up part was cut out, and replaced using small block connectors. A nice deep groove dug out to place the new wire in.

After the PIR was re added and alarm reset Oops ! No conformation beeps. Also the alarm will not set. Anti tamper also seems dead.

Fuses and connections all appear fine.

Help please .... My alarm is now out of action

Welcome to the forum @Tilly
Do you have a meter you could check the damaged cable with?

Something like this would do.
Just something to check the continuity of each core of the cable.

Ok @Tilly , we only need it to beep. We are just checking to see if any of the cables have shorted or broke.
Is it possible to disconnect the cable at both ends?

Yes it is..,. All four wires or just the red ?

Ok, so you have a 4 core going to the PIR.
As you replaced the chewed up section of cable its best to check all cores.
If you can, disconnect all cores at both ends. Make sure none of the cores are touching each other. The at one end, use your meter to see if any of the cores have shorted. Do this by picking one of the 4 cores (lets say RED) and then with the other lead of the meter check all the other cores. You should get NO beeping. If you do then there is a short in the cable. Repeat the above for all 4 cores.

Ok @Tilly , we only need it to beep. We are just checking to see if any of the cables have shorted or broke.
Is it possible to disconnect the cable at both ends?
Can’t editblastnpost.
Ok, so you have a 4 core going to the PIR.
As you replaced the chewed up section of cable its best to check all cores.
If you can, disconnect all cores at both ends. Make sure none of the cores are touching each other. The at one end, use your meter to see if any of the cores have shorted. Do this by picking one of the 4 cores (lets say RED) and then with the other lead of the meter check all the other cores. You should get NO beeping. If you do then there is a short in the cable. Repeat the above for all 4 cores.

Sugar !battery dead in multimeter now . Only got a voltage tester driver now .... is it ok ?
Ok I need shoot out and get a new battery brb

ADE optima compact panel. 1A2B831D-EE83-4048-8C7E-FB48CB3EEDBC - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Can’t editblastnpost.

Sugar !battery dead in multimeter now . Only got a voltage tester driver now .... is it ok ?
Ok I need shoot out and get a new battery brb

View attachment 49333

Please don't use the 'voltage tester driver' for testing mails voltages. They can be dangerous.
Oh, I like your nail polish.. :)

chances are that you@ve blown a fuse in the panel. check PIRs to see if the LEDs come on when you do the tango. if not, check panel fuses. think there's 3 or4 in that panel.

chances are that you@ve blown a fuse in the panel. check PIRs to see if the LEDs come on when you do the tango. if not, check panel fuses. think there's 3 or4 in that panel.
Ha did the tango, jive and foxtrot, nothing !
Looked at fuses all seemed ok. Will check them again with eyes on ...

Yes there are 4 fuses

Last edited:
Wires tested ok.
Ha ha nails just had a major clip and file.... way to long and been battered in tool box

So there are no shorts in the cable you have repaired.
With the cable disconnected at the alarm box end, are you still getting the alarm problem?

So there are no shorts in the cable you have repaired.
With the cable disconnected at the alarm box end, are you still getting the alarm problem?
Wooooooo sorted. It was a fuse F1 could see it clearly against the blue sky lol

Thanks for your help guys
I’ll be back, hubby might have a go at fitting a new pane l (g4) it’s coming tomorrow.
Should be easy enough take a photo of old one first.
The problem might be with the RKP but we’ll see

Wooooooo sorted. It was a fuse F1 could see it clearly against the blue sky lol

Thanks for your help guys
I’ll be back, hubby might have a go at fitting a new pane l (g4) it’s coming tomorrow.
Should be easy enough take a photo of old one first.
The problem might be with the RKP but we’ll see

Hope it all goes well..

Let me know when you’re fed up with me asking questions.
Alarm is not on speaking terms with me.

I used the engineers code to try part set the system. After code 3 lights came up, I used no 2. Armed alarm, walked across 3 PIR’s .... each one saw me and didn't activate the alarm. ☹️
Think it’s safe to say we’re rubbish at programming the blumin thing.

Reply to ADE optima compact panel. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock