Discuss Adverts within thread posts in the Electricians Forums Suggestions area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
On some threads, where there are a large number of posts, there are adverts inside posts. (Might be in between?) but at least they are forum sponsors and not some random clickbait.

Again, I’m not sure if this has always been like that, or it’s by design.

Neither of these issues are massive problems, nor do they impact the usability of the site.

Yeah that's our own advertising system. So sponsors end up within content if there is enough on a page. Viewing on a mobile (smaller screen) you should end up with a much smaller banner instead.

We've got a few changes coming soon with regards to the sponsors if all goes well. Will keep you guys updated nearer the time after some testing.

Personally i dont find the site particularly user friendly far too many ads/ sponsors, pop ups etc..
It’s much better than it was.

All websites need sponsorship to pay for even the simple hosting. That’s different to just random adverts.
@Dan does a great job of keeping most of it unobtrusive, but sometimes those Google type aggressive ads get onto the site by basically hijacking the site and inserting themselves without his knowledge. He needs us to report problems and then he’ll find time to fix it.

We use AI now we're with an advertising network. So the ads shape, size, quantity etc all change depending on device, country you're in, how many times you've visited, how long for, and dozens of other metrics.

We've only just (in advertising terms) switched to this setup, so the system is still learning. If you spot an X in the corner of an ad that's in your way, click it, and select from the options what the problem was.

It's going to be mid-march now until I can really start to make changes again. They were so drastic recently that the metrics become useless, so I'm trying to build up fresh data with this new network and then see whether the change was worth it and if so, which bits to tweak.

Reply to Adverts within thread posts in the Electricians Forums Suggestions area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock