Discuss Advice on prepayment meters to be fitted in flats. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Have been asked by a customer to fit prepayment meters in a house divided into flats.
Not seen the job yet,but told each flat has a cu.Have been in contact with S P Wales,
who can supply digital meters,and prepayment cards,which the landlord sells to the
tenants.In the past have only fitted mechanical coin meters,but have had trouble with
coins jamming and failures etc,resulting in callouts.Just wondered if others have used
the digital meters,or if it would be best to pass on this job?
Thanks for any advice,
Regards,S

Do the job, any failure in the payment system is not your problem.
at the end of the day, you work for the landlord, not the Tennant.

No never any call backs ,to be fair I only fitted a few and it was many years ago. They appeared to be the same as the national suppliers used to use.

I have four of these meters currently in use, and have had no problems, once the customer gets used to the 'knack' of inserting cards.
A potential problem is that cards are available on a certain well known on line auction site, so some monitoring of electricity used, cards inserted and cards sold, is required.

Reply to Advice on prepayment meters to be fitted in flats. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
I really hope someone can help me. Last July I got an electricity bill showing an enormous rise in my kwh consumption of about 900% from what it...
Replies
Views
I live in a flat in a building which is divided into 4 flats. I own 25% of the freehold the other 3 flats are rented out by other owners. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to being a Landlord (wasn't my plan!) Anyway I contacted a company online who arrange for electricians from around the country to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock