Currently reading:
Air bag light,vivaro

Discuss Air bag light,vivaro in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,air bag light on my vivaro van(2004),refuses to go off.failed mot due to this,mechanic says diagnostics says its fault on pretensioner,passenger side.hes tried replacing 3 times and light still stays on.im self employed spark,need mot sorting and my van back on road.mechanic ssys hes gonna have to get his boss to sort it...when he gets back weekend from tt races,!.would be most gratefull for any advice,

Not sure on the vivaro but on a couple of the partners I have had this problem I have found it to be the connections under the seat. In both cases I removed the plugs and connectors and soldered them together, I don't mean the plug to the pretensioner but the connections mounted to the bottom of the seat. Shortly after I had a accident in which all the airbags and tensioners went of, I managed to find second hand tensioners and the steering wheel in a local car breakers and I ordered the air bag control from eBay. Removed the plastic around the gear stick and plugged in new controller and mounted airbags and tensioners etc and jobs a goodun. Hope this helps!

had similar on a peugeot. was the rotary switch in steering column. this entailed replacing the indicator stalk complete assembly.

Thanks guys,i had an idea problem lay with connections under seat,had problems there before but mechamic ssys hes looked there,but to tell u the truth,aint got much confidence in him.thinking i might just go collect vsn off him and try myself

Thanks guys,i had an idea problem lay with connections under seat,had problems there before but mechamic ssys hes looked there,but to tell u the truth,aint got much confidence in him.thinking i might just go collect vsn off him and try myself

When time is of the essence and your MOT is imminent, if you are experiencing problems locating parts or finding it difficult to diagnose the exact nature of the cause of the fault, the MOT Test method of inspection and reason for rejection will permit the Air Bag (Supplementary Restraint System) Warning lamp operation to pass the MOT if the Warning Lamp does not illuminate at all.

So what does this mean?

If your Supplementary Restraint System Warning Lamp (Air Bag Lamp) is illuminated at the time of the test, the operation of the lamp will fail, but if you disconnect the lamp circuit so that the lamp does not illuminate, then the tester will pass and advise this at the time of the retest. The Government would obviously expect the system to be fixed at some point and not left inoperative.

A note for members. The passenger's Supplementary Warning Lamp (Air Bag) is a none testable item and not considered to be a Supplementary Warning Lamp as far as the mot test is concerned and can be switched off, the Tester may choose to advise that the Warning Lamp was illuminated at the time the test was completed.

I had a similar problem with my golf when the battery was low and I tried starting the car, charged the battery car started ok but air bag light stayed on.

I thought it was going to cost a fortune to replace parts but all it turned out to be was a reset on the air bag controller.

Reply to Air bag light,vivaro in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock