Discuss All these old tunes being quoted in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I think you may find current teenagers are sourcing music away from the main steam contrived reconstituted commercial controlled carp that is fed down our throats via the main media channels that us old foggies still listen to. Can’t beat the 80’s in my opinion but my parents used to hate a lot of the new wave and punk racket having grown up in the 50’s and 60’s. There’s some good new stuff out there but unfortunately if it’s not backed by the big boys or composed by Ed Sheran we don’t get to hear it.

much as i don't like mowtown, can anyone seriously compare the splice girls to the supremes. ? it's like comparing sewer content to tap water.

weren't the supremes, and most of Motown, also manufactured? They didn't write songs or play instruments... just sang and danced around a bit.
Same goes for any modern girl group you could mention.
I only watch Little Mix videos to admire the camera work;)

As a sop to the younger crowd and as a testament to my thinking that older does not mean better, here is a newer version of a song that's better than the original and no its not written or sung by Edsisname

Spirit in the Sky

Had to add a comment that was made about this track on YouTube
MY NEIGHBORS LIKE THIS SO MUCH THEY THREW A BRICK THROUGH MY WINDOW SO THEY COULD HEAR IT BETTER
:)

Last edited:
Country and Western, Tel?
Where have you been?
It's just "Country" now...so glad I spelled that right...
really tall blonde ladies and tiny wee blokes in big hats!

You forgot about legendary rock bands who don't have any female members and don't wear big hats. :)

It’s whatever floats you boat. I like all sorts of music. It’s good that all champion their particular poison.

I just like a catchy tune, be it Spice Girls, Pink Floyd, Johnny Cash, Strauss, ABBA (they weren’t from the 60’s @telectrix tish), The Wiggles, Marry Poppins, Moody Blues or Lindisfarne, Des O’Conner ( stretching things), The Monkees, or Bohemian Rhapsody. Roger Whittaker just whistled:)

Reply to All these old tunes being quoted in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock