Discuss Alternator only putting out 12.3 v after Tachgraph fitted ? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
As the Title, After the tachgraph was fitted it throw up a power interuption warning on the tacho and has done a few times since , The alternator is only showing 12.3 v when testing on the running vehicle , Lights dipping when clutch pressed on dash and exterior headlights etc for a second or 2.

Alternator just removed and tested and is putting out 14v and is absolutely fine. What could be causing this from just having a tachograph fitted. Vehicle is a isuzu Dmax , Any help or advice much appreciated.

Hi,bit late to reply,but will have a go...
Is the charge warning light/function working?

Has the vehicle charging system been tested in real time,with a suitable analyser,as it may well be some development of smart-charge technology.

The tacho will maybe have a running live,as well as a permanent live,and if this is taken from the wrong part of the alternator circuit,it will upset the PWM signal,which controls charge output.

Reply to Alternator only putting out 12.3 v after Tachgraph fitted ? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Vhicle: Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Petrol. 24/9/2021 The original battery died and was replaced: I'll put that down to old age. It was replaced...
Replies
Views
The symptoms its been having to start with was the fuel gage only working sometimes and when i play music from my phone when a loud song came on...
Replies
Views
Having a bit of a nightmare with what should have been a simple job. Back in January I replaced some old Varilight dimmers which had failed after...
Replies
Views
P
Hi I'm new to this forum and there looks to be plenty of knowledge on her so here goes! Basically I am an experienced independent vehicle repairer...
Replies
Views
I thought my old alternator was toast (after all, it was 15 years old), but a brand new one is doing exactly the same thing: the belt is snug (and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock