Discuss Am2 Breaker Selection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

davesparks

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

No, B, C, D does not denote domestic, commercial, industrial, it denotes the tripping curve or how much inrush the MCB can tolerate be for tripping.

Your right but then from my hands on experience i know that i use b types in houses (6 amps on my smoke circuits, give me a good example of you using a 1a MCB.), c types in the offices i refurb in london.

and d types in the plant rooms that run all the equipment for the building services
[/QUOTE]

why do you need examples of a 1A MCB being used? I only asked why not use one, it was a question designed to get you to think about why you are selecting a 6A MCB.
I use 1A MCBs a lot to protect small control circuits, PSUs etc.

But why do you use those types of MCB in those situations. in my experience I have used both B and C in domestic and commercial installations.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

pc1966

Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
There are many cases when a 1A or 2A MCB would be a better choice, but quite a few CU brands have 6A as the smallest size and reg now make using another suppler's stuff a no-no.

Hi I want too do my AM2 In the future. I want too know the breaker selection for the circuits in the AM2, an acceptable answer (for me.) will be from a recent am2 Passee (successful candidates only.).
The circuits are as Follows:-

D.O.L Starter, with motor.

Carbon Monoxide Detector

Ring Final Circuit with a spur off to an additional outdoor socket this one will need additional protection RCD OR RCBO?.

16 amp TPNE Socket (Its the red 3 phase commando socket.)

2-way and Intermediate Lighting (I know 6 amp but rcd or b type or rcbo?.)

S- plan heating circuit with solar heating added too it.

Kind regards COKECANBRAD
Have you done your AM2 yet as i used to be an assessor which means I have 99% of the answers from the horses mouth not guesses

Are you 100% sure on that? In the candidate checklist i went through the second thing on the composite installation was selection of protective devices, so how are you proving you know how to do that if they just tell you on a wiring diagram?
Hi, From an AM2 assessor, the cb,s are listed on the front of the distboard and in the spec hung on the wall in the tarrifolds

Reply to Am2 Breaker Selection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.