Discuss Am2s Continuity Of Protective Conductors in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

A continuity test by disconnecting both ends and testing end to end to get a resistance. I’m not sure if I need to add this to the test sheet as a circuit or just tick a box on the schedule of results it’s for my am2s end point assessment

When we link out certain conductors, or use a wander lead to test continuity, what are these tests normally known as?😉

It’s all ready on the schedule of test results.

@mpratt263801 ,

The point we're both making is this, there are two tests you can use to establish whether or not the CPC is continuous. These are commonly referred to using the results they provide, which is the R1+R2 test (typically performed by linking L+CPC at the board and then taking a resistance reading at each point on the circuit and recording the highest value - Ring finals is different and you get the R1+R2 during the figure 8 testing) and the R2 test (typically performed by connecting a wander lead to the earth bar in the board and then going to every point on a circuit and taking a resistance reading to the CPC connection and recording the highest value).

The results from these tests have their own result columns on the schedule of test results.

But I'm also thinking this could be the same confusion I recall... I'm honestly not sure of the source of this question, I think it was my AM2, but I'm not 100% certain... I recall being asked a question along the lines of 'What are the results of the CPC continuity tests?' and there just being like a blank space... no table, just a place to write. The answer I gave went something along the lines of 'The CPC of all circuits is continuous as demonstrated by the R1+R2 results obtained for them on the schedule of test results (there are no open circuits and the results appear to be in the expected range)' or something like that. I also remember being somewhat confused about what they were expecting.

Reply to Am2s Continuity Of Protective Conductors in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net