Discuss Another induction motor question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
which factors might affect the slip and what losses may be incurred by the motor ?

Cannot find much about this, i know that the load indirectly affects slip due to the rotor speed changing, more load is more slip

Any assistance is appreciated, thank you

If any websites is found in referance to this question that will be great, thank you

Synchronous speed is the rotating magnetic field and rated speed is the speed of the shaft. The rated speed will always lag the synchronous speed as it tries to keep up due to resistance against the shaft from its own weight and also the load placed on it. The difference is known as slip.

Give people chance to reply at least.

What information have you found and what ideas do you have?

We don't just do peoples homework for them.

Do a Google search for" Liii instrumentation". A document by Dr Tony .... Something:) will come up. Download it and then read up on the motor section. It is written in Johnny age 5 language which judging by your previous outburst is ideal for you.

A hint: in order for currents to be induced in the rotor there must be relative motion - slip - between the rotating stator field and the windings of the rotor. There is then an electromagnetic interaction between the stator currents/field and the rotor currents/field which from Fleming's left hand rule produces a force/torque acting on the rotor windings (and an equal force of reaction on the stator coils). Then apply Newton's Laws of motion.

@ spark40.youpost during working hours when most members are out earning the necessary and get peeved when nobody replies within 3 hours. PRATT !

sorry everyone, thanks for helpful comments

was just stressed from all the hard work and came back to see everybody is telling me off.

what the hell dudes

Synchronous speed is the rotating magnetic field and rated speed is the speed of the shaft. The rated speed will always lag the synchronous speed as it tries to keep up due to resistance against the shaft from its own weight and also the load placed on it. The difference is known as slip.

thank you for this, I was just confused abou the factors, i've grasped an understanding on what slip is, i have found the answers after doing intense research was only wondering if like minded people like yourselves could help a fellow brother out.

I've noticed the main factors is:
Load
Rotor resistance
Efficency

anymore will be appreciated

thx

Reply to Another induction motor question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock