Discuss Any last minute tips? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Cheers everyone just trying to get everything prepared !! Getting the biscuits tommorow!!

Sorry,but if you are this lax with the biscuits,you could undo your good work thus far
It is essential that you not only have "the biscuits" but that you have a full range of the various assortments available

With multi biscuits available the assessment will be as near as damn it irrelevent,it will save on brushing up on all these subjects

Just relax and go with the flow,most of them will be ex sparks who know the game well and are not looking for perfection

Hey I'm not scrounging on the biccies! I'm planning on some caramel & chocolate hob nobs for starters! And I'm gonna go down to my local grocery store and "tell em vinney sent you!" for some Viennese ones!

Hey I'm not scrounging on the biccies! I'm planning on some caramel & chocolate hob nobs for starters! And I'm gonna go down to my local grocery store and "tell em vinney sent you!" for some Viennese ones!

Is it elecsa or McVities doing the assessment ?

Hi Mate as others have said

Its just like a informal chat were basically he is checking your knowledge and if you dont know the answer were to find it
I was stressed prior to my first one last year but it went smooth and was chuffed to bits when he gave me a A no non conformancies and even congratulated me on my install and design
I had all the documents he wanted to see in a folder and all books available
the questions he asked i knew
but on on about Zs he just asked me to show him even though i knew the value

In the time I have been in touch with elecsa or registered I have found them very helpful and no matter what they are always willing to help or advise unlike the others i contacted who couldnt be bothered to answer emails or give little advice when calling this was my main reason for choosing elecsa

afterwards you will be thinking it was enjoyable aslo dont be afraid to ask him things your unsure on and he will advise

Good Luck Mate sure you will be fine Mine is coming again in october and have already had the reminder of when they will be taking there fee in sept which is the only bit i dont like lol

You can pay it monthly!! Elecsa' fees are nothing compared to my Pli as I have gone in with my dad who is a gas engineer and he uses heat guns! And it's a limited company , we got royally shafted!!

One thing I really can't fault Elecsa on is their tech support. Any little question you have, however stupid it may sound, will be answered within minutes by a friendly sparky.
As the assessor told me last year..."We'd rather you ring us up 9 times a day, than do something you're not sure about". I thought "9 times a day? They must get a lot of Electrical Trainee" :)

You can pay it monthly!!

Be careful with this. Yes, you can pay Elecsa monthly BUT you have to pay your entire years worth before you can have your assessment.

This is how it works:

Year 1, month minus 1 - pay Elecsa to join.
Year 1, months 1 to 12 inclusive - pay Elecsa 1/12 of your fees
Year 2, months 1 to 12 inclusive - ditto

So in summary, in your first year, you will pay Elecsa 2 years of money.... so I here you say, you would anyway... well, yes if you pay annually, you would but at least this was you can have the money in your bank, helping your cash flow rather than in Elecsa's bank account helping them.

My Assessor tried selling me this the other week, he thought that it would be easier - I said I would be interested if there was a saving to be made, and as I pay by DD there isn't.

Make sure you review the check list they provided in the pack you got sent. What they are expecting to see is detailed, then they look at your "job" certificate, invoice and my assessor likes to see a couple of estimates too.

Your assessor is a nosey t*at then if you have to show him estimates

he's not looking at pricing, he's looking at how the "solutions" are defined and how a customer would understand them. Personally I don't have an issue with it, nothing to hide.

Fair enough but he should only be looking at your work and your books (as in regs) and some testing if my assessor wanted that info I would ask if he wants to see my bank balance too lol

Fair enough but he should only be looking at your work and your books (as in regs) and some testing if my assessor wanted that info I would ask if he wants to see my bank balance too lol

He only looked at 1 estimate, we spent far longer on the interesting stuff!

Reply to Any last minute tips? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock