Discuss Any recommendations for some cable shears? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I always wonder where they get the max 16mm from. I've used them on 35mm and it's been fine
I know , probably just to cover themselves against warranty claims.

Ps. I bought my mate a pair of the CK ones recommended to 16mm to cut copper only.
He has been cutting fence wire , small bolts and the like with them and they are/were :( still going strong.

Last edited:
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/knipex-cable-shears-vde-certified-grip-165mm/3697f

I use the above and much prefer them to old my CK as posted above by others.

Yes they are quite small, but no problems cutting 25mm tails. It actually makes them a lot more comfortable to use. I find them really useful for stripping tails quickly and neatly too

Thanks all for the posts.

Usually I pay the higher price and go for quality. However, I'm not cutting tails on a daily basis, probably only 2 or 3 times a month so i have taken a gamble on the pair that Tel mentioned in his post. Not many good reviews so I could regret it! If they are no good then I'll splash out on the knipex ones sold at Screwfix.

Thanks again for all the suggestions :)

The 'neilson' pair that tel recommended have arrived. Unfortunately they chop through 25mm with ease. I can only hope they wear out quickly so I can justify buying the lovely knipex ones :(

The sad thing is that I obviously wrote the above post in jest, however thinking about it I really do hope they wear out so I can get the knipex. Blimey, we love out tools!

The sad thing is that I obviously wrote the above post in jest, however thinking about it I really do hope they wear out so I can get the knipex. Blimey, we love out tools!
cut a pair of live tails with the cheapos. then you can justify the knipex.

Reply to Any recommendations for some cable shears? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net