Discuss Anybody Fitted Any Of These? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OnlQQker

Esteemed
Reaction score
Never heard of them or seen them.

I'd worry about being non-branded electrical stuff off ebay and even branded stuff may be knock off.

They may be 100% kosher but I'd rather let a reputable retailer/wholesaler do the research.

That way when the chinesium melts and burns the house down I can at least blame the supplier.

Advertises as 6 way with two blanks, but all but one image shows 8.

can see people complaining that they got done out of 2 rcbo’s

unless it’s the “perfect” matched installation, you’re going to need other sizes to swap out.

Never heard of them or seen them.

I'd worry about being non-branded electrical stuff off ebay and even branded stuff may be knock off.

They may be 100% kosher but I'd rather let a reputable retailer/wholesaler do the research.

That way when the chinesium melts and burns the house down I can at least blame the supplier.
Given that SBS Trade Sales have been using Live Electrical kit for their consumer unit builds for many years it's hardly an unbranded product

Given that SBS Trade Sales have been using Live Electrical kit for their consumer unit builds for many years it's hardly an unbranded product

Fair point, didn't know that, more a point of principle with eBay rather than having a go at that brand.

I'd be wary buying stuff of ebay I'd be fitting for someone else.

A few years ago we replaced 400 LED panels that were all failing due to discoloration around the edge the wholesaler replaced them no quibble and paid for the refit, with a little bit more quibble.

I wouldn't want to try chasing am ebay merchant in a similar situation. I'm aware that some big retailers trade through ebay but still, seems like trouble.

I may have a look at them, if needed.
I've always rated Wylex as decent but very disappointed with their latest. Just had a very awkward board change with 2 existing CU's. No room to work and had to get DNO involved for various reasons.
Where the 'guts' all came out via 2 screws and neutral bar link disconnections, it's now a matter of individual item removal from a fixed metal bar, feeding the neutrals round it where necessary.
They may be OK for new installations but not for board changes and easy access.

I'd be wary of anything downmarket especially if fitting a lot of the same brand

There was the issues with copper and neozed switches

Very hard to get fully compensated for going back

The page has some below from WCED. I use the white cliff electrical distribution stuff in ev installs as they do a type A rcbo in metal enclosure for £25+vat delivered. Its nice study unit easy to work with.
The other WCED aint bad either. They have only recently gone live as it were and getting into suppliers so worth a shot

Reply to Anybody Fitted Any Of These? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net